Cascades between waves

blahblahyoutoo
blahblahyoutoo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
I know this is completely up to the developers' design of the game, but shouldn't the cascades pause for the next wave, instead of doing absolutely no damage to nothing.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't get damage but you get plenty of AP for the next waves, plus any attack tiles hit the next wave which is very helpful
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    the one thing i gotta add to this is with medusa tiles. If you match her tile at the end of a wave the Attack tiles dont spawn. however if you kill that stupid ninja that explodes into confetti of attack tiles, THOSE still spawn. what is the actual precedent regarding that?
    There are a bunch of passives that fail to trigger at the end of Waves. Most of them are bad, like that, but there are also others, like Court Death not triggering at the end of a Wave, that are good. My assumption is that the coding for those is entangled somehow, and so getting those Attack Tiles would also mean getting hit by Thanos an extra time per Wave/Match.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see better wave transitions too.  It's so painful watching good moves wasted on a void.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    the one thing i gotta add to this is with medusa tiles. If you match her tile at the end of a wave the Attack tiles dont spawn. however if you kill that stupid ninja that explodes into confetti of attack tiles, THOSE still spawn. what is the actual precedent regarding that?
    There are a bunch of passives that fail to trigger at the end of Waves. Most of them are bad, like that, but there are also others, like Court Death not triggering at the end of a Wave, that are good. My assumption is that the coding for those is entangled somehow, and so getting those Attack Tiles would also mean getting hit by Thanos an extra time per Wave/Match.
    i understand but there should be a way to differentiate that though cuz one is a tile where as the other is a passive.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    i understand but there should be a way to differentiate that though cuz one is a tile where as the other is a passive.
    There should be, yes, if the game had been designed from the start with the idea that these effects were going to be involved. But since the various additions and expansions over the years were clearly not all planned from the beginning, who knows how the code might have developed, and what might or might not be easy to change without changing other things.
  • blahblahyoutoo
    blahblahyoutoo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Almost like asking if they’ll ever fix 3* capt marvel passive triggering in the waves.  Lolz.
    That wasn't always the case.  It was working properly but then it broke in a subsequent update.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Which is what - 8 months ago now?  The bug report is a joke.  There’s so many things that never get fixed/adresssed.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    This maybe has its own post elsewhere, but I'm reminded of other quirks regarding cascades and passives. Professor X resolves his huge forehead move who knows when during cascades. Trigger it 3 times in one move (say with GSBW) and you might see it trigger once, then let the cascade resolve, then it will trigger the last two times at the end. Similarly weird things happen with Thanos. If he's the only one with a passive often the whole cascade will finish before his Court Death, but interrupt it with another passive, either your own or someone else's (daken making strike tiles, etc.), and he will Court Death mid-cascade. I'm sure there are rules governing these things and that's why they happen in the order that they do, but it doesn't make any intuitive sense.