4* DDQ: Professor X vs. Elektra

Options
DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Wow, no post yet? 

This was a war of attrition for my 5/3/3 Level 111 Professor X. I think Elektra started with about three times the amount out health I did. 

But, fairly straightforward. Went invisible, but she got Shadow Step out. A row clear removed my invisibility tile while another Shadow Step was out. Uh oh. She launched Double Double Cross and I was finally able to go invisible again with 1317 health left and started buffing the one remaining tile.

More Shadow Steps and Ballets of Death? They mattered not, as I steadily whittled her down. She never removed either of my tiles, nor stole my buffed strike tile. Got her first try, no boosts. Token to the hoard. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two tries, 4/2/0 Lvl 147. The first time, there wasn't much purple on the board, but a ton of black, and the one time I got an invisibility tile out, it got taken out by a random cascade right after. Second time, there was plenty of purple on the board. Got a little nerve-wracking, as the board kept shuffling and putting my invisibility tile somewhere easy to match, but I did manage to keep it going and finally (Finally! That took tinykitty forever) get through all the Shadow Steps and grind her down.

Token was a 4Thor Champ level, which gave me another LT, which was another blue for my 3/3/5 Vulture :(
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Easily one of the dumbest matchups in the entire game. It's a slow battle of matching tiles and just hoping your invisibility doesn't get matched away.

Shadow Step stops your attacks.
    Double Cross both gives you your only reliable way to damage her and your worst enemy if your invisibility is ever gone.
    The Ballet steals your purple and black fueling her other abilities and removing your only defense and attack against her.

It's not a hard fight, per se, but it is a really tedious one.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Took ol Chuck n' jive to the dance off (4/2/0 lvl 147, high fives TPF Alexis) with some purple and blue performance enhancements, and he went invisible early (played the wall). Matched the ballet shadow steps again and again until the Elektra slide couldn't take anymore. Wasn't even able to bust out his best moves with his giant floating cueball noggin. 

I forgot what the token got me... Oh, wait, a yellow Nico making her 1/2/2. 
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    2/5/2 level 185, no boosts. She took me down to exactly 126 health before I got the invisibility off. It stayed there through 3 Double Crosses, 3 Shadow Steps, 2 Ballets and a MEH yellow in the token.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 209 2/5/3 Prof and this was a breeze - Prof went invisible and finished with 5k + health.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Took 2 tries with my 5/3/5 L286.  First time I did no boosts, got invisible real quick but had to fight through her black twice.  She managed to break my invisibility and one shot me in the same turn.

Second try I brought purple AP boost, all colors AP boost, and all colors max damage boost.  Ended up with a lucky board and killed her in one turn with 2 crit tiles.

+1 to hoard.

As said above this is probably one of the worst clash match-ups.  Two of the lamest and gimmickiest characters head to head...
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 lv. 272, but definately should have changed to 5/5/3 for this.

This is far from the toughest crash, but it may well be the most tedious. To beat this you need to get invis asap, and stay invis long enough for her to also get enough purple for a double double cross. You them boost those tile and beat her down. If she gets enough red to ballet of death, it gets much tougher to get the purple to reinvis.

First try started with a match 5 to smack her good, but eventally she knocked out my invis and smacked me down fast. Second try was mostly the strat above. Got all the purple I could and stayed invis for most of the match. Once she started dancing she then kept stealing the stronger tiles so I had to keep building from scratch again, but eventally got her down. Sucked getting a match 5 while sbe was shadow stepping though.

Token to the hoard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got it first try with my 5/2/3 level 152 Xavier.  I lucked into three match 5's before Elektra's first turn, so I only had to deal with about 25% of her health for the remainder of the match.  I went invisible twice (she matched the first tile away), but she never managed to use any of her powers.

This was much easier than last time around where I was at about level 90 and only had one cover in purple (so no possibility to buff special tiles).
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quite easy for my champed Prof x but what a boring match up this one is!!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got it done with my level 94 Prof X. Took 3 tries and the battle itself was very tedious bc of the constant sidestepping. Did need a few boosts and some luck with the invisibility tile being in the good spot.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
       Level 94 2/1/1 Chuck with 2 purple AP boosted "outlasted' Electra; only losing about 400 health.  Tried to focus on keeping my purple AP up to go invisible again, if needed, and I did need to go invisible one more time.  Long match that required a bit of strategy to protect the invisibility tile and trying to deny black as much as possible.  I swear she must have sidestepped at least 10 times during the match, so this made it even more lengthy.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Very easy win for my lv 209 5/5/2 Charles.  Lucked into where I could make a couple match-5's on my first turn.  Then could quickly fire off his invisibility and she was nice enough to throw out a few strike tiles to get Charles going with the big damage to make this match go even faster.

LT got me purple Nico bringing her to 0/1/2
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very slow, but surprisingly not too difficult a fight for my 1/2/2 lvl 111 prof. I boosted to get invisible ASAP and managed to stay way except for one or two turns. Both time the tile propagated in a relatively safe place. Once invisible, I had two and only two concerns: ensure continued invisibility and deny her red and black (purple taking care of itself ensuring invisibility). 

First try, but punished with yet another Sandman cover. At least the 20th I've sold which is getting me to the point where I'm thinking I should just champ him. Yuck.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had to do it 3x for my 115 3/1/1 Prof X.  She kept on matching the invisibility tile but the third match, once I got gone, I was hidden for most of the match (only had to fire up an invisibility tile one more time) but it was such a long match because of her Shadow Step.

GladiaThor Green, I think.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quite easy for my champed Prof x but what a boring match up this one is!!
    Prof X was the first Crash I ever won and did it with 2 pink covers only and what a horrible slog it was! With only match damage you just nibble away and if you lose invisibility you are basically dead in a turn or two. So tedious!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Very slow, but surprisingly not too difficult a fight for my 1/2/2 lvl 111 prof. I boosted to get invisible ASAP and managed to stay way except for one or two turns. Both time the tile propagated in a relatively safe place. Once invisible, I had two and only two concerns: ensure continued invisibility and deny her red and black (purple taking care of itself ensuring invisibility). 

First try, but punished with yet another Sandman cover. At least the 20th I've sold which is getting me to the point where I'm thinking I should just champ him. Yuck.
    Champ ALL the characters! 

Seriously, champ them all. They all give (more or less) the same rewards. Slightly different, now that some of them are 5* feeders and more will become feeders.

You may be exaggerating about the number of covers you've sold for him, but I'll take you at face value. Had you champed him (you imply he's fully covered) and applied all those covers as champ levels, you would have an extra 20 CP, 200 HP, and three LTs. And, you would have been given a retroactive black Green Goblin cover and be 10 covers away from a purple one.

And technically you get 12,500 ISO along the way, but I have no idea what level your Sandman is at and how much you would need to spend to champ him. And you did get 20K ISO just for selling the covers outright. So ISO isn't necessarily a relevant factor, but everything else is something to consider. 

And don't get me wrong, I can see prioritizing other characters over him based on their utility. I've had a fully covered Flaptain sitting in my roster for a few months now stuck at Level 131.But I've also basically been hoarding to avoid wasting as few covers as possible. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Yepyep said:
    Champ ALL the characters! 

...  (you imply he's fully covered) ...

And don't get me wrong, I can see prioritizing other characters over him based on their utility. I've had a fully covered Flaptain sitting in my roster for a few months now stuck at Level 131.But I've also basically been hoarding to avoid wasting as few covers as possible. 
    I definitely agree about champing all characters -- but I'm prioritizing others over him and I don't really regret selling the covers for him as I've meanwhile champed Rogue, Mockingbird, and Vulture with the iso he would have required. He is fully covered. I've got 17 champed 4s, I think, so he's still pretty low on the list. I'd like to champ Cyclops or RHulk next, though I might go with Spider Woman to save two covers.

Cheers and I appreciate the advice!
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    my 1/2/1 prof x had the time of his life. took several attempts cuz it constantly put my invisible time in a match or in the path of a match 4. the lucky match i kept only matching black and purple, the board was adequately red starved so i slowly kept boosting those strike tiles she sent out
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I only have a 1/1/2 level 94 Charles, so he couldn't buff Elektra's strike tiles at all. On my 6th try, I managed to turn invis after the first few tile matches, got lucky on the placement of my invis tile, and never took damage again. 

LT to the hoa... wait, no - I cashed it in immediately for a purple Nico cover (1/2/1).