Who to champ? Dino or Spider-Woman

CaptainFreaky
CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
So I have covers on the vine for 13 cover Devil Dino and also 13 cover Spider-Woman.  I have enough ISO to Champ one of them but not both.  I realize Dino is only boosted during anniversary.  I also realize Spider-Woman isn't exactly A-tier (nor is Dino).

Thoughts as to which I should champ?  I do have 3 covers of Dino and 1 cover of Spider-Woman, so I guess the champ rewards will be slightly better for Dino.  That said, I'm still leaning toward Spider-Woman but open to suggestions from all of you!

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Neither are A-tier so it’s best to assume you would only use them when they’re boosted or featured. On that basis spiderwoman seems like a better bet. On the other hand you’re likely to get another spiderwoman sooner than you will another Dino. 

I’d go spiderwoman. Her black is situationally good and with a purple feeder, SW for instance, she can work well against goons. Dino is a trophy, come anniversary you’ll be swimming in Dino covers. 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Woman for sure. She's a defensive character so she's a little boring but her black can negate tons of damage and purple removing up to 6 specials is quite handy. Her red is good but its 14 AP...

Devil Dino is a useless gimmick character that the last tweak made even worse, her health is not even relevant anymore and you can't even get covers regularly unlike Howard.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I really, really like Spider-Woman. Yes, yes, its the usual caveat "when boosted" but she does two things well for me.
    1) Her black saves a lot of health packs.
    2) Her purple can end matches quickly.
    I don't think I've used her red more than a few times, but I'm always happy to bring her out for the black/purple combo. Un-boosted she's good too. Not everyone can be Carol, or they all would be.
  • Mjolnirmight2
    Mjolnirmight2 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Spider woman. she is under rated IMO.

her purple trap tiles are cheap and pack a punch. coupled with her black makes her solid upper B level.

Unless required you will never use Dino.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I'd go Dino and wouldn't even give it a second thought.  You'll hardly ever use either one especially once you start fleshing out your roster a bit more but you'll come across more Spider-Woman covers but Dino's are only available once a year or so.  Throwing away one cover for SW isn't a big deal, get that LT from Dino rewards and then champ SW when you can.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would go Dino to save 3 covers vs 1 cover.  Spider-Woman isn't going anywhere, but Dino covers are ridiculously hard to get.  If you goal is to eventually champ/max champ everything that's the no brainer.

If you're more concerned about short term benfits of having a better character then Spider-Woman, but that's not where my ISO would go in.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks all!!  Super helpful as always!!!

I agree on the 3 covers on the vine vs 1 cover angle - but those extra two champ covers are only 2 CP and 2500 ISO, which isn't a big deal in the big scheme of things.

I can beat the yearly clash on Dino with my current 5/5/3 lvl 166 version, and I doubt I'd really use Dino for much else except during his anniversary anyway (I mean, I have champed Rhulk with same colors who is better in pretty much every way).

So, as much as I hate to throw away 3 covers for 3K ISO, I think I will side with the SW crowd.  I always liked her purple for it's flexibility, and her black is interesting too - my current build only has 3 black, so I'm interested to see how she does once I reconfigure her to 5/5/3.

Maybe next anniversary if I'm "swimming in ISO" (said nobody ever) I can champ Dino, cause I always seem to come away with a couple covers then.  Until then, it's pheromones and damage deflection ftw :)
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    My team for clearing out the easy levels in PVE is Old Man Logan, 3* Thanos, and good old Devil Dinosaur. DD's job is to stand there and get punched in the face by Thanos until he keels over. Then I use one health pack and continue.

We takes our fun where we gets it, we does.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider Woman was my second champed 4*. I wuv her though I rarely get to use her anymore. Her black is amazing and her purple, when boosted, is insane. It's really fun when the enemy team cascades into a mine field of trap tiles. Enemy team has full health. RIP enemy team.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Spider woman is the better option. Dino is rarely used other than that one of the last nodes in PVE where they give you a loaner anyway.

Dino covers are not hard to get during anniversary time. You can get 20+.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spider-Woman easily.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    I'm excited to have SW champed; though her priority is lower than other 4*s that I consider essential she's a blast to play with >:). I've had her fully covered for a while, putting in spare iso occasionally, and when she's boosted I really enjoy it.

DD, not so much. More than anything, to me she's like a 4* Moonstone... Low ROI red, useless purple, and not terrible black/green that sadly isn't worth the carrying cost. I don't have her champed but sure don't fear facing her, ever. Makes a decent tank, I suppose...?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really thought Spider-Woman was going to be my first 4* champion; I got her to 1/5/2 relatively quickly, and she's been there ever since because all I ever find for her are purple covers. I think she's got to be like 1/14/2 at this point for me. My 4/0/0 Devil Dinosaur is really looking forward to playing this long game as well.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I agree with @broll that 3 is better than 1, but even if you do go with Jessica be sure to get Dino champed before anniversary rolls around. His covers will come in bunches and it will be nice to apply all those champ levels.