Purple/Pink traps and special tiles

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
I'm playing in EotS and Doom keeps making purple traps and I can't use Gamora's black to put out as many special tiles because they won't lay on my traps.

BUT

When those Tseitsu things die, they can lay attack tiles on my purple traps.

Is this working as intended? If so, why is that the case?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, you can't overwrite your own special tiles.
    Yes, enemies can overwrite your own special tiles.

Working as intended.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I understand it, trap tiles count as special tiles for your team (and thus cannot be overwritten) but as standard tiles for your opponent (who can overwrite them).
    It's quite fun to run Patch with or against Dr Doom. On the same team, Doom's traps stop Patch from putting out purple strike tiles for the enemy. On opposing teams, Patch can neutralize a whole lot of Doom's traps with the strike tiles.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    But unfortunately the trap tiles don't count as specials for the purposes of Gamora's instant kill move :(
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love running Gamora against Doom. The wave of "Trap Disarmed" when she fires her black is so satisfying. But having her and Doom on the same team is kind of frustrating, yes.

It's also annoying in the Loaner nodes where you have to use both Doom and MAC. I keep wondering why Ticket to the Multiverse hasn't fired, because I have Traps in three colours, but then I realize that all the purple ones are Doom's.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    Yes! And I think Doom orDD or anyone who makes traps should count toward America because of how her power is worded.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Enemies can't "see" your trap tiles and are therefore able to place their own special tiles over them (as they don't know any better). Your team knows where trap tiles are and won't deliberately overwrite them with other special tiles, even if you would really like to.