How Would You Nerf It/Buff It?

Options
2»

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just don't think Slaughter Pact needs a buff. Agree to disagree. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buff Rashmi??? 

Shes one of the most OP mythics in the game! 
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Great job Mainloop, I almost agree with every tweak, now, just for fun i'd like to see a list of cards that should be totally exiled from the game for being an absurd demostration of antigammingdesign like Aven Mindcensor or Solemnity 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's always been a lot of talk about balancing cards, and now with booster crafting we have much more of a chance of running into every powerful card out there. I think now is as good of a time as any to take a good look at the biggest offenders and make cards that could otherwise see lots of play with just some tweaking. If peaks and valleys were a little flatter, it would force us to experiment with a variety of cards instead of relying on the same cards and combos all the time.

For the record, a lot of these are just thought exercises. Very few of these changes I would actually advocate for strongly. I encourage debate on any of these proposals and to have you come up with your own ideas. This is something I've been writing and contributing here and there in my spare time, so I'm glad to be done and able to share with you now.

For the sake of organization, I am separating each set into its own comment.
    Your ideas are creative, I'll admit.  But I strongly stand against this overall topic.  I've seen enough connection between posts on here and the game to convince me that what we say on these forums has weight in the direction the developers pursue.  The incessant posts on overpowered cards and nerfing cards is probably a significant contributing factor to why Ixalan is so bad.  We really should talk about something else.

• Mainloop25
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There's always been a lot of talk about balancing cards, and now with booster crafting we have much more of a chance of running into every powerful card out there. I think now is as good of a time as any to take a good look at the biggest offenders and make cards that could otherwise see lots of play with just some tweaking. If peaks and valleys were a little flatter, it would force us to experiment with a variety of cards instead of relying on the same cards and combos all the time.

For the record, a lot of these are just thought exercises. Very few of these changes I would actually advocate for strongly. I encourage debate on any of these proposals and to have you come up with your own ideas. This is something I've been writing and contributing here and there in my spare time, so I'm glad to be done and able to share with you now.

Your ideas are creative, I'll admit.  But I strongly stand against this overall topic.  I've seen enough connection between posts on here and the game to convince me that what we say on these forums has weight in the direction the developers pursue.  The incessant posts on overpowered cards and nerfing cards is probably a significant contributing factor to why Ixalan is so bad.  We really should talk about something else.

We'll have to see if they correct their mistakes in Ixalan. I could do a whole "How would you buff it" thread for Ixalan, and probably not nerf anything except maybe River's Rebuke. Actually, definitely River's Rebuke. It gives blue support removal, which plugs up its only weakness, which is a bad idea.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We'll have to see if they correct their mistakes in Ixalan. I could do a whole "How would you buff it" thread for Ixalan, and probably not nerf anything except maybe River's Rebuke. Actually, definitely River's Rebuke. It gives blue support removal, which plugs up its only weakness, which is a bad idea.
    a buff it thread wouldn't entirely be bad (given the almost unanimous opinion of the cards being underpowered), and the River's Rebuke is pretty powerful considering it's CMC
  • GratefulDead
    GratefulDead Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    khurram said:
    Days undoing was already nerfed once. Don't you think 15 is too much of a cost for a mythic spell just to shuffle away opponent's hand. I don't see it getting much play even at 10 cast now. If it's cost were increased further I don't think anyone would really play it.

Right now you invest 10 Mana and get essentially 5 back along with the shuffle of cards. And if you consider drawing 5 cards a huge advantage the opponent draws 5 cards too.

• GratefulDead
    GratefulDead Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's great to use with Jace Unraveled. When you activate his third ability your cards get added power every time you draw a card. Days Undoing adds 5x that for each card so it adds up quickly.
  • Mainloop25
    Options

a buff it thread wouldn't entirely be bad (given the almost unanimous opinion of the cards being underpowered), and the River's Rebuke is pretty powerful considering it's CMC

It's interesting, because they did more or less end up doing this in the RIX update.