Lockjaw mates

Options
Pezman
Pezman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
As the title says, who are some interesting combos with lockjaw. I’ve tried rogue and gam5it for kicks. Any character is an option. I’ve basically got all rostered and most champed now. Thanks for ideas. 

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All you need is a champed Black Bolt, Medusa, and Lockjaw, and you could recreate that infamous PVE node.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    3* Storm, 5 covers in black. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage, Medusa, Lockjaw isn't too bad either. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I’ve been running that in sim. I imagine Thoress would be a good partner too but mine isn’t Champed. 
  • Pezman
    Pezman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. Completely forgot about the royal family. Doh!!  Been running both those ideas and have actually gotten def wins too. Who knew. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I’ve been running that in sim. I imagine Thoress would be a good partner too but mine isn’t Champed. 
    Either shortly after Lockjaw released or shortly after I had him champed, I ran him in the Behemoth Burrito with IM40 and Thoress. It's not super practical (there's no black or purple user) but at one point, I had at least 30 charged tiles out. I can't remember the exact number, but it was close to half the board, if not a little more. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Storm, 5 covers in black. 
    In his intro PvP, I was running him with Storm and Medusa, and it really worked quite well.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lockjaw
    4* Rocket and Groot
    Yondu
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am thinking Yondu and 4Cage, when I can finally level him and Yondu.  Carnage might be a great partner as well.  You need a cheep tile generator to flood the board with tiles so when they are matched he absorbs all the damage you can not get much cheaper generators than Cage, Yondu and Carnage, 4Rocket is good initially but if a match goes too long you need to get his blue power out out to keep him tanking the best part about 4Rocket is he will keep you safe from turn 1 everybody else need at least 1 turn to get going..  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You could use Nightcrawler if there were a particular Inhuman you wanted to summon with Lockjaw (mine isn't good enough yet to know if any of them are worth summoning vs using his other two powers). 

It seems like putting him with Black Bolt and Lady Thor would be a charge-tile-apocalypse if you wanted to maximize that side of what he does. I think he then becomes a mate to Lady Thor's nuke that's based on the number charge tiles on the board. If you don't have a good Black Bolt, or want to keep it all 4*, you could try Mordo who has that cheap black charge tile generator

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have tried Lockjaw with 3* Bullseye and Nova, the damage done by Lockjaw's yellow really good once KO someone, with so many strike tiles to activate yellow and boost its damage. However, I think this combo only work the best in wave nodes with movers in PVE, which doesn't really happen that often.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don’t use Lockjaw with Thoress/IM40 as a 3rd. There’s no point to him on the team. You’re gonna kill a character and stun 2 with just IM40/Thoress, so Lockjaw is pretty much overkill. 

Lockjaw goes MUCH better with Gambit than her.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would still think about using those three together especially in pvp for the simple fact that IM40 generates red, green and blue the green goest to Lockjaw then stun/kill by 4Thor.  I still think the way to go is creating tiles and exploiting the 100% damage reduction.  I am on my way to championing him so I will finally be able to test out some of my theories soon.  I think he would be solid but his damage output is very low from what I have seen so far.