4-5" Advice

Options
Smudge
Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
edited December 2017 in Roster and Level Help
I haven't had much free time to peruse the forums of late, but I've been actively playing daily still, and now that my roster is getting pretty mature, I have questions on how to proceed.

• Play daily, usually to at least max prog in PvE.  Sometimes dabble in PvP, but rarely.
  • Not much of a hoarder, no tokens hoarded.  I am working on restraint to save LTs and CP for now, though.
  • Currently at 600k ISO, 13k HP, 89 CP.
  • 37 4* champs ranging from 272 to 289.
  • All 5*s rostered except Archangel.
  • 3*s are essentially fillers on the odd time when I don't have at least 3 boosted 4*s (or in PvP of course) - I'm starting to build dupes now.
Updated roster is here: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Smudge/.  Ignore 2*s, and I'm not really looking for comments on specs as those are fluid for me (yes, Peggy is 5/5/3 because of her recent Crash).

My main question is... when should I start considering leveling my 5*s?  From that, how high should I generally take them?  I have several in the 9-12 cover range that aren't terrible even if the specs I have aren't ideal (Goblin, BSSM, Phoenix, IM46), and it feels like I should want to start incorporating them more into my game.

I know I'm missing out on Gambit, but I also don't play PvP much and only push to 575 or maybe 800 if I bother with it so MMR isn't something that concerns me.  He's going to be a WIP once I start accumulating more LTs.

I'll take any advice really, but focusing on the 5*s is ideal.  Thanks all!

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you have iso to spare, or are bored with your 4*s, start leveling your 5*s now. Level 360 is a decent spot where it costs less than champing a 4* and they start to be usable. In PVP they will still be lower than some high champed boosted 3*s, so it won't mess up scaling. It might not help you in pve that much, a boosted 4 would still be better, but it would still be fun.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Straycat makes a good point, you can level up to 375 if I remember right and it won't affect your mmr for pvp purposes. 
    On that note i wouldn't pull Lt's or cp, start hoarding to where your gonna have about 260-300+ pulls and you can pull a latest batch of 5*s to start that transition.  It wont do you any good pulling here and there and getting 12/13 covers missing some of a character. and they rotate out of latest and into classic.  Also try to keep saving iso cause when you pull your gonna pull a bunch of 4*s of the latest batch and you'll want to champ those not wasting covers, but also having Iso to champ your newest toys of the 5s.  
    It took me about 8-10 months to get a good size hoard to pull and I covered gambit,dd, and thor.  I honestly don't remember but didn't seem that long.   That was playing progression pve and 900-1200+ pvp progression.