Medusa Entanglement Wave Node Fun

Smudge
Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
More fun on the wave node side of things...

I've noticed that Medusa's Entanglement skill specifically has inconsistent and unexpected behaviors in wave nodes.

1. When her Entanglement tile is out there and the Attack/Entanglement tile damage finishes off an enemy in a multi-enemy wave node, the damage from her Entanglement tile is also applied to the incoming enemy (yes, this is player-beneficial).
  2. When her Entanglement tile gets matched away during a player-generated cascade that downs an enemy between waves, her "retaliation" does not fire at all (meaning no Attack tiles spawn when her tile is matched).
Case 2 is something I've noticed one time, and I do believe it was between waves - my cascade finished wave 1, the countdown tile was matched as part of the cascade, and she did not generate Attack tiles going into wave 2.  I haven't seen this behavior when downing a single enemy in a multi-enemy wave like in case 1.

I have animations off permanently.  Not sure if that triggered any of this behavior.

Comments

• Qs23
    Qs23 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I can verify that case 2 happens. I have had multiple times during the Howard the duck wave nodes matched Medusas CD to down the final goon of a wave and have had no tiles generated. 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    This is a wide-ranging problem with powers that have multiple effects. If one effect kills the last enemy of the wave, the rest won't occur. I noticed this with 3-star Daredevil's Ambush tile - I matched it myself and killed the last enemy in the wave, but the trap did not respawn as it normally would have done.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. The game's code, for whatever reason, doesn't make a sufficient distinction between the end of waves and the end of a fight. So some things that shouldn't happen at the end of a fight end up also not happening at the end of a wave.