What is the best option for HP spending now?

Options
Big10Inch
Big10Inch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
edited January 2018 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I've been pottering away at this for a while now, got a good roster (142 characters), currently championing 4* s. I was going to buy a 40x pack, but have seen lots of comments saying not to do it, and to save my money for slots - However there's only 4 characters I don't have, and 3 of those are 5*.

I think the options are:
  • Heroic pack at 11200
  • Wait and go for an event pack at 11800, if there's a character I'm after
  • Go for a event pack at 15800 (no idea why I'd spend the extra 4k though)
  • Or pick a vault for 7000/ 9800 

Or should I save it for Heroes for Hire, again only if someone comes up I want??

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm interested to see results because I've been wondering the same.  In the past I've typically only ever bought 40 packs from vaults to try and get particular covers (and for the much cheaper rate).  Now that I have almost everything in every vault champed I'm starting to lean more towards HT packs for the guaranteed LT and better chance at 4*s (1:14 averages out to about 3, but a vault is hard max of 3 and that hard max applies to all 80 slots so if you bought 2 40 packs you'd only get 3).

So for me right now my though process is it depends on what you want/need.  If you have a 12 covered and the 13th is in a vault that's probably your best bet.  If you just want the champ level resources and don't care what you get HT is probably better.

I've never seen much appeal for event tokens personally.  The ones you really want (the new characters) have admissibly low rates, but if there's a boosted odds character you wanted it might be worth it to you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait for the offseason if you are going to buy a 40-pack, the offseason PvP token packs are cheaper I believe.
  • Big10Inch
    Options
    Well just over a week til the end of current season so I'll test that out, thanks.

I can't see a way to edit posts on here, but I'll check back in and update the list of options if there is a price drop.

Or I might just go for the 40 pack in America & Friends, as I've earned 12 tokens so far, with none of the top ones won, so I'd have 40 chances at 4 in 68.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Big10Inch said:

I can't see a way to edit posts on here, but I'll check back in and update the list of options if there is a price drop.
    There should be a gear symbol in the upper right corner of your posts, press that and you'll get an "Edit" option.
    That said, updates are better made as new posts.
  • Big10Inch
    edited January 2018
    Options
    OK update now the season is over.

I racked up a load of tokens for America & Friends, without getting any 4* or the LT, so spent 9800 for the 40-pack there. I ended up over 70/80, and my 9800 got me the LT and three 4*.

Then I treated myself to the Vortex 40 pack - at 10k (Thanks again Quebbster). However from this only got 15x 3* (18 with three extra favorites) and two 4*.

So, answer to my original question, on best option to spend HP? It depends :-) but either:
    • Event vault - 9800: Good if you have won a lot of tokens from the event, and/or bought daily deals, especially if you haven't got the 4* or LT. However it's a hard limit on the number of 4*s (which could be a good or bad thing depending), and it's chance on getting the LT.
    • Off season pack - 10000: Better chance ratio than a vault, however it's still chance so no guarantees on 4*, however you are guaranteed the LT.

Third option is an event pack at 11800, but it's only worth the extra 1800 if there's a boosted chance of a character you're after.

The above assumes you have a fairly full rota, and aren't keeping the HP for slots.

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Occasionally (especially around holidays) there are vaults that have 40 tokens (including 4*'s) for between 4000 and 6000. If you can stand to look at all that HP sitting there for months, those tend to provide the best values.