4* DDQ: Twas the Night Before Christmas Edition -- Peggy Carter vs. Wasp

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, this was pretty easy pickings for my 5/3/5 Level 277 Peggy. First try, no boosts. Finished with 13278 health. Token to the hoard. 

I went after red and blue. I hit 10 blue first, so I fired Do As Peggy Says, which isn't super great in a one-on-one fight. You only get one CD tile and no stun. Still, I got enough red to fire Ultimate Soldier the turn before the CD resolved. It hit Wasp for 5479 damage, then Ultimate Soldier took her out. She didn't even get to fire a power. 

Comments

• AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Lvl 147 2/2/3 Peggy cannot hang. For being so good going undercover, she's not good when undercovered. Next time, I guess. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    273, 5/3/5. I meant to respec her to 5/5/3, but forgot. Pretty easy anyhow, still well over half heath at the end, despite taking a Wasp Sting and a couple of turns of stun.

Token was a Daredevil yellow, giving me at least one in each colour for him :)
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No problem for 274 Peggy, LT was my 14th gamora cover so I champed her and got a lockjaw yellow
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lv.278

First try was a red and blue starved board so I mostly tried to play defensive until getting my colors, which never came. Second try started out with 2 straight red match 4s. A few later I fired Ultimate soldier a 2nd time and it was all over.

Token to the hoard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I levelled my 5/4/3 Peggy up to 204 (that's all the iso I had to spare), and got it on my third try with no boosts.

Denying blue was most important, although since I only had three blue covers I couldn't use that AP very effectively.  On the successful run, I managed to collect enough red to activate that power twice and take Wasp down.

Legendary token is waiting for Archangel.

It was nice getting two Peggy covers recently (red from 12 Days event, yellow from snowball fight).  10 more Psylocke covers and I should be able to champ Peggy, so I guess I'll keep on levelling her.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    5/4/3, Level 229

Second try. A surprisingly difficult matchup given the ease of creating Buzzing Tiles and the cheapness of Tactical Intuition. All about the Red in this fight and if Buzz tiles are hitting it or no reds are spawning, it will be difficult.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Took me three tries with champed 5/5/3 Peggy. First try was just a complete disaster, red-starved board and a few tactical intuitions boosted her match damage to obscene levels.

Second fight started alright but quickly escalated thanks to a murderous cascade of hell for the AI.

Third times is the charm! Denied blue and tried to get as much red as possible along the way.

Token to the hoard.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Nightmare for my lv 277 5/3/5 Peggy.  First 2 tries, board is starved of red and blue the whole fight, even still Wasp keeps stealing my red matches (which is worthless for her and maddening for me).  3rd try, I have her down to a few hundred health, and me around 6000.  The only match I can make leads me into a beautiful blind cascade match of her CD tile which allows her to sting me for ~5900 damage, next move I'm finished.  4th and 5th try are more of the same, she steals my red then is able to match away my "randomly" placed cd tile.  6th try is full of red, so I quickly punch her, build it up and punch her lights out.  

LT gives me a MEH yellow for my efforts bringing him to 1/2/1
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lost the first try - Peggy is not built for a solo battle! One healthpack later and I got a board with lots of red - Ultimate Soldier is the key to victory here.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Peggy. First try got a horrible board, no reds or blue and Wasp floored me. Next try got 2 red and one blue and it was over. Got a Drax from the LT
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won on the first try with a Lv273 5/3/5 Peggy, but it's a tough one.  ...not as tough as when Wasp also had the 1-damage countdown bug, but tough.

Token gave me a yellow Cloak & Dagger bringing them to 3/2/5.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    12 days event got Peggy to 4/5/2 for me. Had her at 188 to start with and got annihilated. Ramped her up to 200, same story. Another failure capped at 229. Preventing the countdown from forming was just not in the cards it seemed. Managed to finally finish on the third try with boosted Red/Blue/All AP, and it was not an easy task. Of course I forgot to turn off the boosts for the next few fights to add injury to insult.

Champ level for Hulkbuster for my efforts.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Failed twice before I finally got a Peggy blue, making her 3/4/1.  Got her to 170 and boosted her to hell and back, finally won after another 3 attempts.  I'm tired.

Bucky Blue.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
       I was severely outclassed here but I had to give it a shot when I was fortunate enough to pull a yellow Peggy from DDQ tokens this evening.  So my level 135 4/1/1 Peggy (with +2 yel/red ap, +2 all ap, 100% mat dam) started out really well but when she took more than 50% damage it started going South really quickly.  Things were looking really grim until I lucked into a nice little cascade that gave me the 9 AP to fire one last red, however I was down to 450 health and she had one of her strike tiles out.  I just knew her turn was going to take me out but her turn actually took me down to 90 health and I was able to take her out with one last Ultimate Soldier.  Did my best to deny black and yellow at all costs on this match.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Peggy was lvl188 5/3/4 - lost first go as red starved and AI seemed to have a never ending supply of black then a cascade matched her CD tile which punched poor Peggy out. Bumped Peg upto Lvl 200 and that did the trick, got in an early Ultimate Soldier, some damage from blue resolving and another US to finish Wasp off.
  • vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Amazed anyone can beat this horrible matchup. Peggy is ‘tinykitty’ Useless in 1on1... I would keep beating my head against this dumb matchup but it’s starting to hurt...  another example of MPQ just not making things fun for us... this is supposed to be fun right?  So here I am on the forums INSTEAD of playing, since, well, trying to play is more frustrating then fun these days..   
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    vernr1 said:
    Amazed anyone can beat this horrible matchup. Peggy is ‘tinykitty’ Useless in 1on1... I would keep beating my head against this dumb matchup but it’s starting to hurt...  another example of MPQ just not making things fun for us... this is supposed to be fun right?  So here I am on the forums INSTEAD of playing, since, well, trying to play is more frustrating then fun these days..   
    Rate of success is directly proportional to the number of red covers you have. Use AP boosts if you have to, hope for a red heavy board, then let the Ultimate Soldier squash the little insect.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    4/4/4 lvl 150 peggy with blue, red, all boosts.

took 3 tries until i got a red heavy board and 3 ultimate soldiers to take wasp down. 

pulled a yellow MEH to make him 2/4/3