Carol+Blade, not setting off Bloodlust when Carol passive creates red

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
I'm playing in Snowball PvP with 4* Carol and 4* Blade, and Blade is higher level, so my strongest color is red. If my red AP is just under the threshold for Bloodlust and the AI makes a match in their strongest color which gives me red, it flashes my AP banner right as my turn starts, giving me the red AP, but Bloodlust passive does NOT activate!

I'm guessing it has something to do with the order of operations, that I'm not actually getting the AP until after my turn has actually begun, and it's not in time to set off Bloodlust.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Try swapping the order of the two characters in your team.  You can manipulate what passive fires first this way.  Center character first, then left, then right.

I’m not saying the behavior you describe isn’t a bug, it certainly sounds undesirable, but you might be able to work around it this way.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The red AP should actually be getting added during their Turn, tho. When it occurs in the middle of a cascade, it's easier to see, but even without a cascade, Energy Manipulation is supposed to trigger immediately after the match is made.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    The red AP should actually be getting added during their Turn, tho. When it occurs in the middle of a cascade, it's easier to see, but even without a cascade, Energy Manipulation is supposed to trigger immediately after the match is made.
    This is correct. The passive should be triggering during THEIR turn giving me 4 red ap, so at the beginning of my turn I have enough to set off Bloodlust - but due to the AP not being given to me until the beginning of MY turn, Bloodlust is not activating.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never intended to imply that it isn’t buggy and weird.  Adding it at the start of the next turn is probably easier for the developers, but it presents weird edge cases exactly like this one.

My suggestion of manipulating the team order is just meant as a (possible) workaround.
  • LemmingStampede
    LemmingStampede Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I can also report the same bug. Ran into this with multiple times now. Tried swapping the order as Dayv suggested, but this did not change the behavior. Also tried against Carnage where attack tiles triggered after the Energy Manipulation banner appeared and the UI showed the AP increase. This had the same behavior of Bloodlust not triggering.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    The developers recently made a change to how the firing of abilities is scheduled within the game loop.
    This probably impacts not just the scenario described by the OP, but is also the root cause of other weirdness in the game related to scheduling of triggered skill effects.

E.g. there's also the very visible change in Daken's abilities, where he can now spawn additional strike tiles mid-execution of his blue skill, if it spawns green tiles in such a way that a match occurs. And these additional tiles can then take part in the second half of that skill, where it detonates strike tiles.