Coalition ribbons not being accounted for? [Devs Aware]

Options
Sarahschmara
Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
One of my teammates joined D3NIED before the event started (I know this because I was going to steal his spot if he didn’t!) But his ribbons aren’t being added to the coalition total!

He’s pretty bummed about it since the old rewards are on offer and we all know D3NIED likes to place top ten. 

What do think caused this? How do you think we could prevent it in the future? @Brigby

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did he join the event before changing coalition?
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    No, but I did double-check.  

He followed the usual routine; checked slack for his assignment, joined the correct coalition, then joined the event. And it was all done before our regularly scheduled pre-event panic (2 hours before event start) so it just doesn’t make any sense.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Moved to Bugs & Technical Issues 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is happening to anyone who joined the event and then changed coalitions before the event started. 

It is a bug. 

Please make sure tickets are being submitted. 

Thanks! 
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    Thanks for putting in the appropriate spot—I always forget about that!  @bken1234

To clarify, he joined the coalition first and then joined the event. That’s why it’s so unexpected. He was the only one who wasn’t already in place by opt-in time if that helps? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Sarahschmara Did he opt-in to the event while he was in the first coalition, joined D3NIED, and then joined the event when it started? If that's the case, then I believe it's intentional for his points to not contribute to the coalition.
  • Sarahschmara
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Sarahschmara Did he opt-in to the event while he was in the first coalition, joined D3NIED, and then joined the event when it started? If that's the case, then I believe it's intentional for his points to not contribute to the coalition.
    No, he joined the coalition first, then the event. We expect it to work the way you described.