Who are the champions?

abmoraz
abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
Since today's "12 Days of Marvel" required a "Member of the Champions" and I have no idea who or what the champions are and there is no way to sort by team, I went through all 181 rostered toons (I have at least 1 cover in every toon available) and here are the ones that fit:

Nova
CHulk
Miles Morales
Kamala Khan

So... just those 4.  Is this the smallest "team" in MPQ?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69181/updates-to-team-affiliations-updated-12-5-17#latest

Yes, currently, that's it.  From the Wikipedia page, it looks like they also had Vision's daughter and a time-displaced Cyclops, but that version of Cyclops isn't in the game like Teen Jean is.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are the champions, my friends.  And we'll keep on fighting til the end.
    I think the fight would be over before you'd finished singing the song.  :D
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    The required characters from a specific team for this event is the only real limit, other than that It's pretty easy since all you need is 1 and the other 2 could be high leveled fully covered beasts. Easy ISO.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got to play the old favorite of Nova, Iceman and St4r-lord. Lightning fast lockdown!
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Johnny come lately.  :D
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still hoping for Viv vision.

I did wonder for a while why they chose Viv and not her brother (or include her brother with the group). Aaaannnnd then I read a synopsis of how The Visions storyline went. I kinda wish I hadn't skipped that series (I thought it looked kinda goofy based on the cover os issue 1). Seems it got kinda dark.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    So in-coming Freddy Mercury 5 star comfirmed then.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I find it kind'a weird that they don't count any of the characters from the original Champion's series under the affiliation - Ghost Rider, Iceman, Angel and Black Widow (and Hercules if we ever get him).
  • Quebbster
    DAZ0273 said:
    I find it kind'a weird that they don't count any of the characters from the original Champion's series under the affiliation - Ghost Rider, Iceman, Angel and Black Widow (and Hercules if we ever get him).
    We don't have the right versions of Iceman and Angel in the game - it's the All-New X-men version, and the Champions disbanded long before Angel became Archangel. It's really two separate comics that happen to share a title though, you may as well ask why Defenders are only the ones from the Netflix show and not the comics.
  • DAZ0273
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    We don't have the right versions of Iceman and Angel in the game - it's the All-New X-men version, and the Champions disbanded long before Angel became Archangel. It's really two separate comics that happen to share a title though, you may as well ask why Defenders are only the ones from the Netflix show and not the comics.
    Fair enough.

Why are you in jail? You always seemed like a good guy to me. Unjail Quebbster!!!!!!
  • Quebbster
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Fair enough.

Why are you in jail? You always seemed like a good guy to me. Unjail Quebbster!!!!!!
    Won't go into detail here, but suffice it to say I had a lapse of judgement and deserved it. Having to wait 150 seconds between posts is annoying though.
  • DAZ0273
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Fair enough.

Won't go into detail here, but suffice it to say I had a lapse of judgement and deserved it. Having to wait 150 seconds between posts is annoying though.
    That does sound quite annoying.

Well I hope both you and @mexus get a jailbreak soon, I enjoy both of your posts on this forum.
  • Quebbster
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Fair enough.

That does sound quite annoying.

Well I hope both you and @mexus get a jailbreak soon, I enjoy both of your posts on this forum.
    As long as we behave while jailed (and I have no intention to misbehave) the jailing should expire in January some time for me. I assume it lasts for a month.