PVP Help!

Options
I've been noticing that when I pick my slice & Clear Level that levels 1-6 are grayed out. My only selection is 7-9 it's really not a problem with me, l play in scl 7 anyway. Has my MMR changed or iz that protection 4 the lower team player's
Just a FMI = FOR MY INFO 

Comments

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the latest update they introduced maximums for some of the SCLs, so you can't go into SCL6 if you're above 68 (I think). It's to encourage players with stronger rosters to play in a level that's more suitable for them, and so they can't go down a level or two and simply dominate it.
  • Lord_Mephisto
    Lord_Mephisto Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It seems that after returning PVP to points, they also changed the difficulty system. I'm beginning my transition to 5* land, with 3 usable 5s, none championed. My easiest matches are, usually, against a championed 5 and a maxed 4. After 3 matches, I only face championed 5s, no matter how many times I skip. Seems PVP will be out of my reach for a long time.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What do you consider to be 5* usable, and how is your 4* tier situated=?.  5* scoring is complex in that there are efficient ways and inefficient ways to play and score.  Alot depends on your mmr, your ability to manage matchmaking in context of the current float points etc.. etc..

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It seems that after returning PVP to points, they also changed the difficulty system. I'm beginning my transition to 5* land, with 3 usable 5s, none championed. My easiest matches are, usually, against a championed 5 and a maxed 4. After 3 matches, I only face championed 5s, no matter how many times I skip. Seems PVP will be out of my reach for a long time.
    PvP matchmaking is a complete betrayal of the laziness or stupidity of the developers to implement a fair match-making experience for players.  I know this sounds harsh, if you don't take into consideration what could be done--but if you do, then it becomes pretty obvious they're not doing all they can to create a balanced system for competition in PvP.

The logic is out there.  It is possible to impose matchmaking logic that fairly assesses a player's roster and matches them with like players.  That way fielding weak teams will have no bearing over who can challenge them in versus events.

e.g.

I just got my first 5* champ, I took nearly a 2 year break (starting 1Q 2015), just came back around right before the anniversary last year.  So I missed out the advent of 5* characters, championing, etc.

To summarize:
    - The average level of my 4* rosters is 280~ish
    - I have 31 of the 62 (not sure current count) 4*s champed
    - 1 5* champed
    - I only have 107 5* covers (1 of which is a champion level in my champed Thanos) of the possible 260 for 5*s, there are 20 if I recall correctly.

As soon as I champed my first 5*--BLAM, 90% of teams are rosters with mature 5* characters. Even when I had Thanos at lvl-435, the 5* teams were sparse in versus events--I mainly saw 4* teams with similar, unchamped 5*s.

Just yesterday, I got destroyed by a guy who has 216/260 5* covers, 4x 5*-champs.  He had some 58 covers alone in his 4, 5*-champs--compared to my entire 107 across all 20 characters.  He has twice the covers I have in 5*-land.  4 times as many 5*-champs.  His average level was (I can't remember...after I realized he had twice as many 5*s, the futility and frustration were inevitable so I didn't even walk myself through the paces because who would listen to my cry (except you, poor guy--sorry for the venting, haha).

But I digress, does that seem fair?  I don't think so.  Suffice it to say, his average 5* level was well above 400, were mine is probably a paltry 300~ish.

I'm not even using hyperbole, even tho I am guesstimating.  There was a clear disparity in roster maturity but the current matchmaking system saw fit to feed me to him.  What can I do?  Some people like to wreck players with weak rosters because they have no sportsmanship and D3, demiurge, whoever--they endorse it.

But you could solve it simply, in theory.  Mathematically, you can take an average count of covers, per-character and assign a weight to that or just outright use the nearest whole-number.

Then you can also take into consideration how many 5* covers there are per-roster, assign a weight to that also.

Take the average level of characters for a given tier (4*/5*), assign a weight to that.

Then perform all matchmaking with players who have similar rosters, according to the weighted values, on a sliding scale, a small factor to apply a spread above or below to allow fair matchmaking with players who are not too far ahead or behind you.

Same should be done with the 4* roster too.  This would prevent sniping players with more immature rosters, which is such a cowardly exercise of sportsmanship.  The game theory used in this app is deplorable.  Don't get me started on the RNG, altho with the release of Chavez--there is a tool available to players now that kinda equalizes the biased RNG.  The devs have their fingers in every little mechanic to squeeze resources out its player base.  I do applaud how well they give their player base resources tho, on the whole--they do that commendably.

TLDR:  It is a hot mess!  But everybody is drinking the kool-aid, so grab a cup, hooded tunic, and WELCOME TO JONESTOWN!

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You are entirely incorrect about there having been any changes to MMR logic.