3* pvp or 4* pvp

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Im feeling totally burnt out on 3* pvp, just bored as heck .
How to you Feel?
With around 60ish 4*s in the game now I never really get to use any of them , yet I'm stuck using characters that (to me) have been irrelevant for almost 2 years for 7-8 events every season.
Are you all about the 3s or ready to move on , do you think a healthy medium is the way to go, or is it time to find a way to let the player decide in game?

3* pvp or 4* pvp 31 votes

3* pvp forever
3%
Kolence 1 vote
4* all the way
6%
Basepuzzlerevade420 2 votes
A mix of both
67%
xKOBALTxwymtimeZeroKarmaCT1888optimus2861Nick441234Piro_plockTalestummyThe rockettdudethtsawesomemaguirenumber6FelessaPants1000Spidurman27shartattackrobertbahhunky_funkyDAZ0273Shintok17Angelinlove92 21 votes
SCL based, you get to choose
22%
MattR42dr tinykittyloveaesthetocysttiomonoOrion[Deleted User]Il galvanico 7 votes
Other , explain below
0%

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    4* all the way
    For me personally I'm ready to leave the 3*s behind the same way we did with 2* all those years ago.
    I have all but the 2 latest 4*s champed and 6 5*s champed, and between my current MMR and scl9 pve there is really no time to get to use the 4*s unless they are at a high enough level to get boosted over 450, so they just sit in my roster collecting dust and giving champ rewards ( asides from a select few of course).
    I enjoy the challenge of the 4* pvp, even though it can get pretty insane ( power man boosted to 525 or whatever)
    I still like it , I'm ready for it, I need it to keep me engaged in the versus aspect of this game.
    Now of course a 4* only environment makes no sense for new players, transitioners, and soft cappers, and they are all players who are just as important to the ecosystem of this game as 4* players and vets.
    SO maybe there is a way to implement a new game mechanic that allows players to choose which pvp they play, possibly based on SCL or some other determining factor?
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    A mix of both
    PvP is already a pretty big turn-off for most of the playerbase, throwing them into a sea of boosted 4*s every 2.5 days is only going to make that worse.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    A mix of both
    I think it needs to be a mix. A side effect of the 4* events is that MMR seems to open up and finding a wider range of opponents is easier. That may not be preferable to all of course.  ;) 

Despite the large number of 3*, the rotation has gotten stale over the years. Transitioning to 4* events make sense. The featured characters are often just sitting there doing nothing at all, and this they aren’t really “featured” anymore. More like baggage and Thanos fodder.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL based, you get to choose
    CL1 and CL2 have a 2* essential.  CL3-7 have a 3* essential and CL8 and CL9 have a 4* essential.  Boom, problem solved.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    A mix of both
    I think, in order to include as many players as possible, it needs to be a mix. We are all at different stages of this game, even though forum users tend to be those who have several (or even several dozen or more) champed 4*s.

We don't want to exclude players who are still at the 3* stage who want to try their hand at PvP. I would love there to be a choice of 3* or 4* PvP at the start of the season. I think that would be a really cool option.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    CL1 and CL2 have a 2* essential.  CL3-7 have a 3* essential and CL8 and CL9 have a 4* essential.  Boom, problem solved.

Though MM might struggle since you'd have to divide the players into different pools as well.