Inevitable Christmas complaints

Jarvind
Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Yes, a thing is happening over Christmas that would require you to play a lot to reap all its rewards. The game doesn't shut down just because of a holiday.

Yes, you'd probably rather spend time with your family, or drinking yourself into a coma alone at a bowling alley, or whatever your holiday thing is. I'm not here to judge.

Here's the thing: you can! Go do whatever you want! The game doesn't own you.

Missing a DDQ or a new character cover won't be the end of the world. Go and be free, my children. Oh, and

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    At first I felt upset myself. I had planned out a leisurely approach to PVE for the next week.  Now that changes.  But does it?  Many players will have limited play time besides me.  Your placement will probably not suffer much when everyone is in the same boat. T10ers maybe will miss out this time, but:

Enemy of the State will follow, giving two covers for Ms. Chavez in progression and a good chunk of tokens for her vault; tokens will also come fromthe other events.  Odds are pretty good you’ll have a good start on America once her Events end.

Just relax and play when you can.  Heck, maybe Santa will have some presents that offer different ways to spend your free time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every snowflake may be unique, but what they all have in common is that they will always melt.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    More bothered by no double ISO. 

That said, they could have at least made it a non new character event over Christmas. I completely understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas so the game should go on as normal, but why make it a new character release? Its clearly just a move to try and keep as many people on the game as possible over the Christmas period. 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind said:
    Yes, a thing is happening over Christmas that would require you to play a lot to reap all its rewards. The game doesn't shut down just because of a holiday.

Agree, but I find it a bit strange that they went out of their way to release a new character half a week early so it would start right on Christmas.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Starfury said:
    Jarvind said:

Agree, but I find it a bit strange that they went out of their way to release a new character half a week early so it would start right on Christmas.
    There has to be a new character release RIGHT on Christmas.
    Because all those gifted Steam/Google/Amazon/Apple funds (or just cash) should be going into MPQ HP sales to buy from vaults/stores before the money is used for AAA games, movies, music or whatever... :wink:
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i play as much as I always do - ddq, pvp 575 or 900, pve 50% progression. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry to anyone who found the triple gif obnoxious. I was posting from spotty wi-fi and they kept not showing up for me, so I thought there was something wrong with the links.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    well there will be a disappointed  group either way:

- the "there is nothing special for the holidays" group
    - or the "really you expect me to play during the holidays?" group

I prefer the " I have not completely lost track of reality group" , the oh ill be too busy ill just skip that one and celebrate the holidays.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. My alliance will have it as a bye week for meeting our usual minimum requirements.

Somehow my alliance (or at least my co-commanders and I) are more sane than my family which is currently running amok with Drama Llamas having the pouts, the sulks, and retaliatory temper tantrums.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    My Christmas wish is that all the people that joke and threaten to quit actually would. Forums would be a happier place then.
    We can't. I personally have tried to quit like 100 times but I keep coming back to this damn game. It's even a running joke in my alliance.

Anyway, I'm not mad that they are doing a new character event over Christmas but I am annoyed that it's Venom Bomb. I would have loved to see a Christmas version of Strange Sights or Webbed Wonder. Like instead of giving a Howard cover I would give a legendary or a random America cover.
  • General_Tojo
    General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Most annoyed about not having a an HP sale...I would have given you a bunch of money for on sale HP D3!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    JHawkInc said:
    My Christmas wish is that all the people that joke and threaten to quit actually would. Forums would be a happier place then.
    We can't. I personally have tried to quit like 100 times but I keep coming back to this damn game. It's even a running joke in my alliance.

Anyway, I'm not mad that they are doing a new character event over Christmas but I am annoyed that it's Venom Bomb. I would have loved to see a Christmas version of Strange Sights or Webbed Wonder. Like instead of giving a Howard cover I would give a legendary or a random America cover.
    I have been there with other mobile games. The only true way to quit and make sure you don't return is to sell all your characters. That way you would not have anything to come back to. Also definitely delete the game and don't come back to the forums or you will be sucked right back in. I'm at Day 142 and at S.H.I.E.L.D Rank 68, so I'm a little late to the MPQ party. Still having fun and enjoying the game. Learning new things every day.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I think that I will figure out if I'm playing mpq during Christmas by a few factors.

1- are my family visiting from out of town and in laws bothering me
    2- lack of alcohol in my system.

just saying
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most annoyed about not having a an HP sale...I would have given you a bunch of money for on sale HP D3!
    Rule #1 of an HP sale.  Don’t offer it when premium content (new character) is in game, or when an advantageous vault is present.
    Rule #2.  Only hold it very very rarely. Use A/B offers instead.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Drinking yourself into a coma at a bowling alley? I don't why but I just cannot stop laughing at that visual. Wake up long enough to knock back another shot of Jagermeister, look at phone, moan, sniffle, back to coma.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many times I actually get bored on Xmas because nothing is open that day and I can’t go anywhere. So I’ll probably play as normal. 
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There's plenty of people who play MPQ and celebrate Festivus
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Shintok17 said:
    shardwick said:
    JHawkInc said:

I have been there with other mobile games. The only true way to quit and make sure you don't return is to sell all your characters.
    I've seen people sell their roster and STILL come back - I'm guessing they begged CS to restore them.
    This game is addictive.
    I've been quitting since season 4.

**Removed inappropriate reference - Ducky
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited December 2017
    **Knock off the drug talk. This is an MPQ forum, talk about MPQ.**

edit - typo