Med/Gam/R&G

2»

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    cpeyton3535 said: it
    There will always be a go-to team that just plain outperforms all others.  IMO, the issue isn't that this team (and Medusa in particular) is a high performer, it's that there is nothing in the game that encourages players to be creative with their team selections.  Everyone is going to gravitate to the most effective team b/c that gives them a better chance at getting rewards.

Nerfing isn't the answer, it'll just lead to a new go-to team.  I have no idea how you encourage players to go for variety over performance.  The style-points suggestion is interesting but that would be difficult to implement and I'm sure players would learn to game that somehow.

I know it's taboo to even say it, but win-based PvP did lead to more variety.  Just saying.
    This ^^^

The individual characters are not anymore powerful than others, and less powerful than top tier characters.

Their synergy together though, elevates them greatly.

My stance is that there should be other teams with such synergy, especially with all of the team affiliations.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    mexus said:
    This is why I, some months ago, suggested that the game should reward us for using characters that aren't very commonly used. Put a Gwenpool and War Machine up in the Simulator and acquire double ISO reward upon victory or something. I still think this is one of the best suggestions ever made.
    I like this. Call it the "Benchwarmer Bonus". After a match if it turns out you used one of the 5 least-played characters of that star rank, it kicks you an extra 1000 ISO on top of everything else.

I guess you'd have to win the match to get the bonus. Otherwise people would just consider it another chore to put together your benchwarmer team and run them into the woodchipper before settling down to play for real.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this. Call it the "Benchwarmer Bonus". After a match if it turns out you used one of the 5 least-played characters of that star rank, it kicks you an extra 1000 ISO on top of everything else.

Better start practicing with my Kingpin/Sentry/Bagman team!!  :-)
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    This is why I, some months ago, suggested that the game should reward us for using characters that aren't very commonly used. Put a Gwenpool and War Machine up in the Simulator and acquire double ISO reward upon victory or something. I still think this is one of the best suggestions ever made.

I guess you'd have to win the match to get the bonus. Otherwise people would just consider it another chore to put together your benchwarmer team and run them into the woodchipper before settling down to play for real.
    People would just use them against the seed teams.

or will run their other two best with the best of the worst. No different than what a normal pvp match is, right?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    There are some counter combos who f.e. steal special tiles, but still - 4* combos are becoming insanely annoying especially when player discover some even worse synergy with 5*.
    I am fighting 5*s way too often now without using one (cuz i dont have a single 5* except for OML who is useless in PvP) and some combos are very painful.

PvP is broken. I wonder that people are still playing it (and complaining about it, which makes even less sense).
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 said:
    Carol+Rocket+Deadpool destroys that team after the first move.
    @jgomes32 You mean 4* Deadpool, right...?
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Yepyep said:
    jgomes32 said:
    @jgomes32 You mean 4* Deadpool, right...?
    Indeed. Depending on the level of your 4pool, his black will trigger every turn in the beginning. Need to check the thresholds.

if you don’t want to use Rocket against Rocket you could swap him for Coulson and generate some AP every time the countdowns resolve. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 said:
    Thanks for that. I tried it last night and you were so right. 5 in Carol's yellow, 5 in Deadpool's black, 5 in Rocket's yellow, and the rest hardly matter cause you won't fire them.

Of course it's a health pack sink but it will tear through M/G/R in a hurry.