Fastest PVE Teams

dadows
dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
What are the fastest PVE teams?
I  mostly use Grocket, Gamora and Medusa but I'm curious what beats that.

Is it just boosted 4*s or would a particular 5* or combo of 4s & 5s be faster?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos/DD under 50%/Thor under 50%. Sub in Boosted 5star champ where applicable.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grocket & Gamora + Medusa...
    Grocket & Gamora + Thanos...
    Grocket & Gamora + Strange...
    Grocket & Gamora + Gambit...
    Grocket & Gamora + Vulture...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Switch Gamora for 5SL for even more match damage....
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Well what’s your cl level? Are you talking about the first four clears or 5-7 clears? The best team is determined by opponents’ HP and your highest dps team. 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    robertbah said:
    Well what’s your cl level? Are you talking about the first four clears or 5-7 clears? The best team is determined by opponents’ HP and your highest dps team. 
    He asked what was the fastest team, not what is best for tapping.
  • dadows
    robertbah said:
    usually in scl7. I'm in the 4* transition with 6 champed, but was curious what characters I should prioritize / just what some faster teams look like. 
  • dadows
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    robertbah said:
    haha. the real answer, speed doesn't matter, healing for infinite tapping wins every time.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    robertbah said:
    Funny and accurate.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whatever it is, it has to have Thanos.

Last time i've tried to be competitive I had my championed DD paired with pre-nerf Gambit and Bolt. Blitzed through the SCL9 nodes form the green light and ended up being 11th. I played the most dedicated 30+ minutes of gameplay in a very long time only to be 11th (and i did the run optimally). All 10 above me had championed Thanos (did they use him? for sure - i don't see another way to beat boosted 5* and Gambolt). Players might be moaning about Gambit nerf but there is no competitive PvE without Thanos. 

I am trying to do that for months... so close now - 4-3-5 - if he is featured in the near future I will spend 250 CP to get the final cover and join the quick gang.

The exception to the Thanos rule might be when 4Grockett is boosted. In such case the boosted tiles with Gamora or SL5 and a boosted 5* for the event could prove to be quicker than random team with championed Thanos.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Gambit isn’t actually that fast for pve.  Firing powers and passive add time.  

Thanos + featured 5* (assuming you have champed) + Bolt/DS/BP fastest.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get why people love Thanos, but you sure eat a hell load of health packs with him. 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I get why people love Thanos, but you sure eat a hell load of health packs with him. 
    That's why the devs love Thanos.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use 5* Lord, 4ocket, and Medusa a lot depending on what the enemy team looks like. If they are goons, I'll swap out Strang3 for Medusa (my 5trange is 3/0/0 so he doesn't have the same utility as the 3* yet). On "easy" nodes I use thano5/5* Panther/DD5. My Thano5 (1/0/2) isn't doing so much damage that he is worth the health liability of bringing him to harder matches. For whatever reason I don't really mess with the 3* Thanos even though I have one.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You mean zero healthpacks with DD5?
  • mahman10
    mahman10 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    mexus said:
    Dormammu said:
    Grocket & Gamora + Medusa...
    Grocket & Gamora + Thanos...
    Grocket & Gamora + Strange...
    Grocket & Gamora + Gambit...
    Grocket & Gamora + Vulture...
    Grocket & Gamora + Nico might be the new shiet.
    Or, as I prefer, Grockets + Star Lord. But I'm trying to figure if Punisher is better than Star Lord since he boosts all strike tiles by 25%. After a few Nico boosts this might be more profitable than the static strike tile-boost a Guardian brings.

for Thieves, CL7 at least, I've been using medusa, grocket, and nico (good cause boosted) and while it kinda starts off slow in the first two matches, after that, it just goes crazy and gets the benefit of having strong strike tiles even after enemy matches away some.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Kishida said:
    That's why the devs love Thanos.
    Its why I dont tend to use him all that much. Usually just on the 3 easy nodes where I can sacrifice other characters that I wont use that day. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starlord 5, 4* Rocket & Groot, Thanos.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this particular event, I've been using 5Thor (because I have green covers), plus Grocket & Medusa. His extra round of damage plus the Strikes speeds things way up. If he's had time to heal up before I start, I'll run him on the easy nodes with Thanos until he's below half, so he's ready to start double dipping when I go into the harder ones.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bolt/Gambit/Thanos is the fastest one I use.  Hard to beat for CL9.
  • BinaryGuy
    BinaryGuy Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    What are the fastest for those of us without 5*s or at least usable 5*s?  I have all 4*s with many champed.  This event I found Vulture / Iceman / St4r Lord works real well, though not sure I would say real fast, but faster than anything I tried yet.  Gamora/Grocket/Medusa tends to slow down when facing goons with a lot of HP as those strike tiles get matched fairly quickly.