Non Tapping bracket

DeadpoolandBob
DeadpoolandBob Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
I have found myself in the strangest situation since I learned about optimal play.

I have just finished my opening grind of the final day of an event...I checked the leader board...and NO tappers yet!!

This is both glorious (a whole event with no tappers) and leaves me with the moral dilemma (do I turn to the dark side, and try and tap my way to 1st?)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't be that guy. If someone else starts tapping, try to outtap them, but just don't be the first guy to start tapping.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is always hard to tell. You will have to SS your LB after your clear. Watch the names. Check back 2 hrs before you would start.  See what's changed. Just have to track this a bit to see what's going on. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    What is this "tapping" of which you speak?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Most of the Tapping that I usually see is the last half hour of that day.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Quebbster said:
    Don't be that guy. If someone else starts tapping, try to outtap them, but just don't be the first guy to start tapping.
    Absolutely wrong. Start the avalanche. Be that guy!

If no avalanche ensues, then just take the candy.

Stopping yourself is not your job.
    100% agreed.

Complaining about tapping is the equivalent of a professional golfer (or other athlete) complaining that other golfers are spending more time on the range than they are and it's unfair because they don't (or can't) spend that much time on the range to improve their own game.

Honestly if some pro athletes complained that other pro's were spending too much time practicing so practice time should be limited so they'd all have 'more of a life' they'd be laughed at.

KGB
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Better make that 0.00001 strokes 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Quebbster said:
    Absolutely wrong. Start the avalanche. Be that guy!

If no avalanche ensues, then just take the candy.

Stopping yourself is not your job.
    100% agreed.

Complaining about tapping is the equivalent of a professional golfer (or other athlete) complaining that other golfers are spending more time on the range than they are and it's unfair because they don't (or can't) spend that much time on the range to improve their own game.

Honestly if some pro athletes complained that other pro's were spending too much time practicing so practice time should be limited so they'd all have 'more of a life' they'd be laughed at.

KGB

I'm not complaining. If people want to tap, hey, have fun. I have better things to do with my time, but that's me, and I am not that interested in getting top placement anyway. The rewards I get for less intense playing is good enough.

What I am saying is that if the OP Thinks it's nice to be in a non-tapping bracket... perhaps he shouldn't be the first guy to start tapping.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

100% agreed.

KGB
    Sorry, I don't care either way about the tap vs no tap argument, but I can't read an analogy this terrible without comment.  

More practice increases skill level, tapping does not have anything to do with skill.

A more appropriate analogy would be if the PGA changed the rules to allow golfers to show up early to the tournament and practice one inch putts.  For every one inch putt they sink, they get to take 0.01 strokes off of their score.  

No one who didn't do it would be able to win, regardless of skill.
    Every hour on the range probably improves their scoring by .01 strokes.  Otherwise pros wouldn't practice for hours before and after every round. Not to mention the hours per week when they aren't playing.  The grinding of practice they do is equivalent to the grinding of tapping.

KGB
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's really a tortured attempt at an analogy.  People practising on the golf range don't get to put their scores into the results for the actual competition. 

Maybe a hot dog eating competition, and the competitors get to include the number of mini sausages they have been nibbling on over the past day to the total number of hot dogs eaten. :) 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    That's really a tortured attempt at an analogy.  People practising on the golf range don't get to put their scores into the results for the actual competition. 

Maybe a hot dog eating competition, and the competitors get to include the number of mini sausages they have been nibbling on over the past day to the total number of hot dogs eaten. :) 
    If you are nibbling mini sausages before a hot dog eating competition, you're doing something wrong.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:

If you are nibbling mini sausages before a hot dog eating competition, you're doing something wrong.

Exactly. :wink:
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    madoctor said:
    I'm hungry.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    What is this "tapping" of which you speak?
    To re-play the same PVE node over and over and over and over and over again. Some nodes don't deplete to zero points but stays at 1-3 points. So you tap these nodes until your eyes pop out and then you can feel proud that you have 100 points more than the person who didn't tap as much as you did.
    See, that's one of the things that amazes me on these forums.  My family all played MPQ with me for a while, but everyone else eventually quit.  They probably all consider me a bit OCD with the game.  Yet here, I'm a totally casual player. :-)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can see someone tapping away in 8.5 (or is it 5.8), slice 5 clearance level 8.  He's climbing up 3 points at a time, trying to stay in 1st after (I guess) finishing his clears.  He made it.
  • GibbletsGrabber
    GibbletsGrabber Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Just had my first experience with a tapper. 

Now i understand how annoying it is.
    And from one of big alliances too.

Guess I found myself a PvP target. It’s exciting- never had one 
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Umm, ... he'll be too busy tapping to notice any hits in PVP.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Re: the golf practice analogy.  Every day, if you are a player who places highly (say t50) in pve and/or PvP, you are playing this game for hours a day.  HOURS!!! Which seems like a lot of practice.  But there’s really no tournament to show your skills.  Just more practice.

ALL WE DO IS PRACTICE???!!???

Man, now I really wish there was a game mode or event where it was do or die, like an actual golf tournament.  Not just some silly game mode that rewards doing something dirt easy for hours on end.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should always tap it first.. you don't want sloppy seconds