Bravo, Oktagon

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
Booster Crafting has resulted in the most fun I've had with this game in months. 

Perhaps best of all is that you fixed the bugs and worked on squaring accounts away quickly. 

It's nice to actually be able to build the decks I want, instead of simply punting countless ideas to the curb because I'll "never get" X card. 

Thank you.

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Agreed. It's gonna take a while to play with all my new toys.

Next step: non-dupe elite packs
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I concur.

Granted I've spent since the first time @Brigby ever said, "We're working on booster crafting, start hoarding your dupes..." hoarding my dupes and I ended up with a goodly amount of mana orbs to start with, but apart from the initial quirkiness you managed to fix relatively quickly, the whole dupe-drop-to-orbs-and-runes animations, the Booster Crafting section, itself and even the ability to see what cards you DON'T have in each group is really well done.  B)

Kudos to a great update for December and your first real "boost" to the game, itself.  :)

Now, where was I?.. So many possible mythicals to craft.... Hmmn... 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    majincob said:
    Agreed. It's gonna take a while to play with all my new toys.

Next step: non-dupe elite packs
    This is a terrible idea. Considering how you can craft out all your mythics, that just means you can get guaranteed masterpieces. I wouldn't be surprised if people weren't already abusing that system, but entirely non-duplicate elite packs would be a mistake.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    Actually, what I want now is more deck slots. =p

Yes! SO much this. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    Now that duplicates automatically convert into runes and orbs, getting the runes to buy at least the second slot should become much easier. I've only bought one extra slot to date, so at least in my case that's an option. Either way, even if you've bought yours, I'll still support more :)
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    madwren said:
    Now that duplicates automatically convert into runes and orbs, getting the runes to buy at least the second slot should become much easier. I've only bought one extra slot to date, so at least in my case that's an option. Either way, even if you've bought yours, I'll still support more :)

Haha, thanks. Yes, I'm full up on slots for most planeswalkers. There are admittedly some, like Arlinn, that I haven't felt the need to buy all 3 for; however, for Kiora, Dovin, Saheeli, etc., I swear I need 10.
  • Marvaddin
    Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    U guys got me. I had 24350 orbs, could craft 80 Uncommons, but instead I did 5 Mythic, 15 rares, all Origins and mostly Legacy. I case you want to know, this is what I got:

Legacy:
    * Common: Clutch of Currents
    * Rare: Angelic Captain, Dust Stalker; Canopy Vista; Lumbering Falls; Noosegraf Mob
    Mina and Denn, Wildborn; Akoum Hellkite; Heron's Grace Champion; Flameblade Angel;
    Bruna, the Fading Light; March from the Tomb; Eldrazi Devastator
    * Mythic: Emrakul, the Promised End; Soul Swallower; Sphinx of the Final Word;
    Zendikar Resurgent

Origins:
    * Uncommon: Blood-Cursed Knight
    * Rare: Managorger Hydra; Honored Hierarch; Shadows of the Past
    * Mythic: Hixus, Prison Warden

Total collection: now 870 cards
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Crafting is far more generous than I could possibly have expected given the history of this game.

Nice one.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well done!
  • BUgsySA
    BUgsySA Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    They way that dupes from packs turn into orbs is slick as hell.  Good gob guys.
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Good job. Shout out to all involved. You hit the sweet spot. The game was teetering and this feels like a new start. There are more issues to improve but for now enjoy a cold one - I sing your praise. 
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Well done. Thanks
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    +10 

Oktagon, amazing job!
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Agreed, day 1 I like it. We'll see how we go 50+ days into booster crafting though, long term I have my concerns, but for now it's great!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Martin said:
    Crafting is far more generous than I could possibly have expected given the history of this game.

Nice one.

Exactly.  I just proc'd literally every big card I was missing in the game.  I might actually start playing again over my Christmas break.  I've got 12 days off.

Seriously, I just opened the following this morning:

Deploy

CoT

Battlepig

Rattlechains

UH

Harness

Cruel Reality

Curator

Day's Undoing

Lightning Runner

Startled Awake

RishkarEx

Mirrorpool

and more

VERY generous and much needed to resurrect what may have been a dead game.

• Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been chasing Cruel reality... not lucky yet. I think it's the card that has made me lose more battles in general.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I actually feel really good about this game now. It’s been awhile. Thank you.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the new fun, i''m thouroughly enjoying my new toys!
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it is a great idea and was well implemented. Additional props for fixing the bugs so fast yesterday. In the past, that would have taken at least a week.