4* DDQ: Carol Danvers vs Tony Stark

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
wow they really did skip Falcap. Maybe they'll insert him back in in five days.

Anyway, no problems for lv281 Carol. The only reason I took more than a minute was because I was trying to deny IM46 Blue for fun

LT stockpiled

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes very surprising, but good for me as Carol is champed.

LT was cyclops blue, to make him 3/5/1, so that was a great cover to get
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did anyone else fight a higher level than usual enemy, or did I miss an update somewhere? Fought a lvl291 Iron Man for some reason which kinda shocked me. Not that it matters for this fight, but if they raised the levels for all fights it could be trouble for my unchamped 4*s.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    274 5/5/3 C4rol.  Just chased black then yellow.   Fired off 2 Photonics, waited for two turns and made an Executive Decision.

Purple Rulk.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    metallion said:
    Did anyone else fight a higher level than usual enemy, or did I miss an update somewhere? Fought a lvl291 Iron Man for some reason which kinda shocked me. Not that it matters for this fight, but if they raised the levels for all fights it could be trouble for my unchamped 4*s.
    It's the 5* version of IM as well (IM XLVI), in case you didn't notice. 

Here's hoping they just didn't straight up skip Sam Wilson. Part of me isn't looking forward to that fight, as it's one of the harder Crashes. My Flaptain is 3/5/5, but only Level 131, as I just can't spare ISO for him at all right now. Although, all things considered, the order should have been Peggy, Sam, then C4rol. If I remember right, they have Thing coming before Invisible Woman as well. It's always bothered the slight OCD in me. 

Fight was a cakewalk for my 5/5/3 Level 292 C4rol. First try, no boosts. I had a black match-4 right off the top, followed by several yellow matches. Two red matches from IM46 later, I fired Executive Decision immediately after Photonic Barrage. Finished with 11951 health. Pretty sure he never even fired a power. 
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    It's the 5* version of IM as well (IM XLVI), in case you didn't notice. 
    Yea I definitely noticed, hard to mix up with all his different armors. Just that I remember there were other 5* opponents and they were all lvl270, so I thought something was wrong there. If it's just a one off then it's all fine, thought I missed an update somewhere
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed Carol no issues, had to wait for a Barrage countdown to expire with no yellow on the board the whole match.

Purple Powerbomb, always good to open a new character.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah someone messed up about Flaptain, you can still buy him AND Carol in the HfH  but he was skipped in the DDQ
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    275 Carol, tried once with a little under half heath just for a challenge, and was about a turn away from a barrage taking him down, but was denied. Went in with full health and had no problems. Token got me a MEHulk... meh, but I'll take it.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No issue for 277 Carol, he kept matching red to seal his fate. Poor IM wasn't able to fire a single power before his death. 

Token to the hoard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had terrible bad luck first time but second round my lvl 272 Carol kicked butt.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 287 5/5/3. Yeah....

Token got me a Purple Miles Morales cover. He's 5/3/1  :|
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    not that carol was hard, but I want my flaption round as it's like the only use he has as a champ for me lol.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not quite trivial, but easy. C4rol is awesome, and I have her Champed. Token was a WM red. Meh.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 lv. 289

Carol is my highest 4* so went as expected. I matched black, he matched red giving me more black. I fired Photonic barrage and matched some yellows then blew him up.

Token to the hoard.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not quite trivial, but easy. C4rol is awesome, and I have her Champed. Token was a WM red. Meh.
    I Champed War Machine and he's actually pretty good. Especially with Carol. He's not top tier, but not everyone can be.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know 5* Iron Man that well, so I lost the first time with my champ C4rol. Once I got his deal, I had him on the second go round no problem. I got a C&D that got me another LT that got me a Yellow Fury
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    I Champed War Machine and he's actually pretty good. Especially with Carol. He's not top tier, but not everyone can be.
    As with times I've "meh'd" a result in the past, it's just that it's going to be a long time before he's really usable, since that Cover took him to 3/1/1. If that had brought him within reasonable distance to Champ, it would not have been "meh" ;)
  • Rodeo1488
    Rodeo1488 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    One Turn 5 match cascade gave me enough black and yellow to make a Photonic Barrage and the Executive Decision it for the win.  Flawless Victory.
  • Rodeo1488
    Rodeo1488 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anon said:

Add Coulston to those twon and its nasty.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had to do it a 2nd time because of a Black starved board.  Good thing the next one was nicer to me,  Got a Photonic Barrage up, waited a couple of turns then made an Executive Decision.  Buh-bye Tony.

Black Ghost Rider.