0/37 on latest legends + legendary event tokens. Did I upset someone?

I've drawn 37 tokens since my last big open, trying to finish off Gambit and Daredevil, I've opened no legendary tokens in 37 pulls.

0/37 = 6/7^37 or 0.3% probability. I know that they are all successive, but this is really improbable. I've had runs of 12-15 before without opening a latest legend, but I've never had a run like this. Think I should contact support?
Tagged:

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I think it's just bad luck. To the extreme perhaps, but still just bad luck. Ofcourse you're free to contact support. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    They're probably not going to do much but re-emphasize that the odds are what they are, and the store is working as intended. You've probably seen a lot of people around here say things like "RnGesus is fickle" and similar expressions, but it's true. Everyone's gone through at least one really bad stretch before, and more often than not, this evens out with you having a really good run at some point. 

For example as of this morning, I had no idea when was the last time I pulled a 3-star from a standard token. I earn anywhere between 7-12 between my PVE clears for the day and DDQ, as well as whatever facebook drops I get that morning. I ended up pulling 3 3-stars from my batch of standards this morning. None of them were back-to-back, but still being that close in succession is quite the anomaly. It's like pulling heroics, and getting a 4-star on back-to-back pulls, which by the way, has happened to me before too. Stories like yours are why people hoard such large amounts of LTs and CP in the first place, I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had 3 or 4 runs of 0/40+.
    It happens.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone has to have the worst luck in the game.  This month, it's you!  Congratulations!
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    You've said it yourself. It's a 0.3% chance.

To put it in another way: Every time you open an LT, there's a 1/300 chance of this token being the first in a 37 pull streak of 4*. There's also a 0.3% chance of this being the start of a streak of three 5* in a row.

Or in yet another way: Like pulling a 3* followed by a 2* from two standard tokens.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    ive gone close to 60 pulls before without a 5*... it sucks
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Someone else went 12/37 to keep the world in balance, for that we thank you.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I have gone 0/60 before. And my net pull rate is almost at 15%.

Your luck will come back soon, don't worry.

Either that or you've had crazy good luck before
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Streak breakers would go a very very long way towards these types of situations. A disgruntled player is a potential lost customer.

Not saying they should give away the bank, but if the odds say 1:7, then it isn't unreasonable to except two 5s from 30+ pulls.

Even a ten pack option with the tenth being a guaranteed 5 would be something towards good will.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

I just mentioned my recent streak story in the roster update thread.

I was 0/100 on latest legends and then suddenly 6/106. Let me tell you, pulling 6 5* covers in a row is fun, but 0 from 100 was depressing and I think I'd rather just hit the average consistently.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't understand how pulls work. Your string order of 4s and 5s is fixed, seeded by a number. Which exact 4 and 5 changes as characters enter and leave the tokens, but not what you pull. You are just in a dry patch. But I guarantee you, you will be 15% lifetime. Keep a tally. You'll see. I'm still 15% after 2250 recorded pulls, and I've had some bad bad streaks too.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Almost 1650 pulls tracked, 16.2% but that’s had some pretty big peaks and valleys of things like 5:7 and 0:30+

Just the whims or RnG.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should probably sacrifice a digitial goat to RNGsus just to be sure...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    You should probably sacrifice a digitial goat to RNGsus just to be sure...
    FYI, broll's paraphrasing.

Buy starks
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards

I bring you a digital goat. The game was awful too, so do as you please. 
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Hahaha! Thanks for the support everyone. Persevering for now.