New 4* to 5* progression covers please

lpearl
lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
Just wanted to thank the devs for implementing it. Now I feel like Oliver saying “Can I have some more please?”
Also bonus kudos for the art on the heroes for hire screen. I always enjoy it.
Thanks

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    They probably don't HAVE a timeline.

They implemented a few, and are going to watch metrics (how much people play, how the use bonus heroes, if spending changes, etc) for a bit before they work on it going forward.

And if they do that each time, spacing out each wave based on the metrics, they might NEVER have a timeline that they can give us in advance.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Similar topic. Some 3* to 4* champ rewards need to get changed and some added. Right now there are some 4*'s that don't have a 3* champ reward feeder. Spider Gwen & Coulson for example. With the vast and growing amount of 4*'s in the game at the moment the character pool in the LL & CL token store get diluted even more, so those 4*'s with no feeders get even harder to fully cover. All 3* characters that have a 4* equivalent should give out that character as a champion reward, but it's not the case. Gamora & Rocket and Groot are an example of this. 

On topic. More transparency and earlier communication on which 4*'s will feed which 5*'s would be nice. Some people can't plan ahead which 5*'s or 4*'s to level in order to accommodate these new covers coming into their 5*'s, because so little information if any has been given.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    Yeah, you can't start something that game-changing and then not even communicate a timeline for continuing!  Give us something!
    Communication- the magic elixir that keeps us engaged.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Shintok17 said:
    On topic. More transparency and earlier communication on which 4*'s will feed which 5*'s would be nice. Some people can't plan ahead which 5*'s or 4*'s to level in order to accommodate these new covers coming into their 5*'s, because so little information if any has been given.
    Planning ahead means less cover waste, which means fewer potential purchases.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    New update: Sandman -> Green Goblin
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Thank you!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Oh jeez, I thought you were making a funny joke. Like...they updated one of the worst 4*s to give out a free cover to one of the least in-demand 5*s.

But...it's actually true o_o
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Oh jeez, I thought you were making a funny joke. Like...they updated one of the worst 4*s to give out a free cover to one of the least in-demand 5*s.

Better than the worst giving out the best. Not sure what the complaint is here. It’s both thematically appropriate and it’s something that you don’t feel like you need to chase. 
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,582 Chairperson of the Boards

It's a step.  I'd like to see more, this is definitely the best chance I'll ever get for covering the older 5*s - heck so long as whomever feeds Phoenix is more than level 300 I'll be able to champ her right there (mine is 5/3/4.) I've been looking forward to that for months, though I stopped pulling classics as soon as Gambit was revealed...

I'm disappointed that they didn't do the same thing last season - give us three on a schedule.

• LifeofAgony
    3 releases in quick succession was a good way to buy some goodwill and get people excited.  They probably looked at the numbers and thought it was a little too generous and decided to slow it down.  1 per season, maybe 2 is probably what it will end up as.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 releases in quick succession was a good way to buy some goodwill and get people excited.  They probably looked at the numbers and thought it was a little too generous and decided to slow it down.  1 per season, maybe 2 is probably what it will end up as.
    I wish they'd do it a little faster than that, but you're probably right.  1 strike against putting them all out there at once is then some people would get a bunch of 5* covers at once and wouldn't have the ISO to champ them.  I'd hate to get a bunch of covers that would go to waste.

Of course I already had to waste 1 Bolt cover and my Goblin black cover will be wasted too because he's 5/2/3.
  • LifeofAgony
    More in-line with their usual MO would be to drop them all at once.  They don’t like letting people plan for things and conserve resources (hoarding is a bad thing for them).

BUT, if you released them all at once, you’d see way too many players with many too many unusable covers and would be a much bigger detriment I think.

Wasting covers always hurts, but you’re much less likely to rage out if you lose a cover once a month as opposed to 15 all at once.

I applaud the change, would just prefer a communicated time line or at least indications of who is going to be changed, even without the timing.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Anon said:

Better than the worst giving out the best. Not sure what the complaint is here. It’s both thematically appropriate and it’s something that you don’t feel like you need to chase. 
    I'm not complaining at all, I just thought Anon was making a joke.