Reward Packs

Playing the current run of the Apocalypse team event, I got to 700,000 points earned and as a reward I got a single token that pulled a single 2-star wolverine cover.  Nobody who reaches that level of damage against Apocalypse is using 2-stars as anything bug a farm.  This is not meant to be a complaint; this experience got me thinking about how you could do event rewards in a more exciting way.

Obviously one way is to just give a lot more Legendary Tokens or the like earlier in the reward progression for events, but it seems obvious that that's just too much top-tier stuff too early.

So then I thought, a single 2-star reward is pretty lame, but if I had gotten 20, that would be pretty fun, even though its total impact on my roster would still have been pretty small.  With your current system of individual tokens each generating a random reward, 20 Elite tokens as a single reward at a single tier might still be "too much" but if you created rewards packages with some custom configurations, I think this could work.  So for example, Apocalypse progression rewards could offer Apocalypse Packs at a couple points along the progression.  A single Apocalypse Pack would contain a single line of rewards from the following list:
  1. An Archangel token
  2. A single cover for one of the powered-up 4-star characters, plus 9 random 2-star covers
  3. Three Angel covers plus 3500 iso-8
  4. Five covers for one of the powered-up 3-star characters plus 5000 iso-8
  5. Five Wilson W III vault tokens
  6. 25,000 iso-8
Those are somewhat quick-and-dirty examples to convey the idea.  I'm sure you would be able to create a more balanced and compelling list, but the idea is that none of these rewards are total garbage.  They all help someone with a 4-star roster in some way, some more so than others.  And the fact that the pack contains a random line from that list means you could give a pack as a reward 2 or 3 times for a single event without really over-saturating your new exciting rewards (Angel and Archangel covers in this case)