Rotation for Essential 5 Star in PVE Events

Gandalf333
Gandalf333 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
I'm trying to figure out if there is a rotation for this essential slot like it is for 2 through 4 stars. In the past 1-2 months, I've had Matt Murdock be the required 5 star four or more times (I wasn't keeping track at first, but it's been at least four), while many of the other 5 stars have never been an essential. Is this supposed to be the case, or have they kept restarting the system or something while they tweak it?

I just know that it's gotten to be frustrating on my end, as Murdock is the only 5 star I don't have right now (aside from the brand new Archangel), so I've been consistently left out of this node in PVE events.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    3 Latest, then 2 Classics is all they've told us.

The order on Classics seems totally random.

They are definitely putting a heavy focus on Latest.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Order for Latest seems to be from oldest to newest. So currently DD, Gambit, Thor. Then we'll have 2 classics, and as broll said, they seem to be random. It's unclear to me whether this boss event takes the place of Gambit's boost event or if he'll get the big boost in the next one. Does anyone remember what they did around the last boss event? or was there no 5* boosts then?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    mohio said:
    Order for Latest seems to be from oldest to newest. So currently DD, Gambit, Thor. Then we'll have 2 classics, and as broll said, they seem to be random. It's unclear to me whether this boss event takes the place of Gambit's boost event or if he'll get the big boost in the next one. Does anyone remember what they did around the last boss event? or was there no 5* boosts then?
    Last boss event 1 of the 2 classics got skipped.  No one knows who and if that means they'll get skipped overall.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    This has been asked multiple times;  this has not risen to the level of earning an official response as I assume they’re making it up as they go.  They’ve stated it’s 3 latest 2 classic 3 latest 2 classic but they’ve messed that up already and the official sneak peaks have also been wrong twice so it’s really anyone’s guess until event preview goes live.
  • Gandalf333
    Gandalf333 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Hoo, boy. They just need to get this on a simple rotation, like they do with every other star level. No wonder I've been seeing Murdock so much. 

I know they want to encourage people putting money down on the game, but for this system not to work like the others in the game just makes it rub the wrong way. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoo, boy. They just need to get this on a simple rotation, like they do with every other star level. No wonder I've been seeing Murdock so much. 

I know they want to encourage people putting money down on the game, but for this system not to work like the others in the game just makes it rub the wrong way. 
    It's easier for new players to acquire the 5stsrs in Latest and thus have the essential. That is the main reason. 
    They want to lock out as few people as possible, while still offering an incentive to roster 5s as a growing roster with heavy constraints on slots. See also: 5star HFH.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    And since we haven’t gotten any more official information next pve 5* essential is Thor for Thick as Thieves which starts in 12h.