Legit 3* Gambit

0_efx_0
0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
Am I the only one who used 3* Gambit champ properly? I used him with Coulson/C4rol to have many CD tiles all over the board, thus creating nearly 2,000 damage strike tiles in every match! :(
Now his black is no longer passive, yet I’m happy to see no more 0/0/5 Gambats lurking.
They only needed to fix the fact players took advantage of the character with only 5 black covers.
I felt comfortable using a 3* with a full 4* team for the first time ever. 
I will hope they rework him to the way he was, just reword the purple and red stacked deck cheat(felt like it) that players used to make the game no fun. 
Now I feel he is useless. Am I wrong?
Please reply if you actually used him properly ;p

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was always 5/3/5 and used him as such. I knew 0/0/5 wasn't going to last and fully expected it to get tweaked.

The end result though... leaves a very bad taste in my mouth... They went too far.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    The active black should just have been “generates red and purple AP” instead of tossing out charged tiles you need another power with AP ready to use it in order to do anything with those charged tiles.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit's introductory PvP was fun since it happened during Coulson's boost week. Those two and Hawkeye... I ran out of space to put down countdowns!
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I sold mine for 1500k HP and 60 something thousand iso. No regrets so far
  • Tone77
    Tone77 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm not going to lie, my heart is a little broken now that Gambit has been stripped of his black power. I blame it on those who exploited it with a 0/0/5 setup! My gambit is and always was, legit. I'll admit, Bl4de worked very well with him. It was a great combo when grinding out story events. I can understand the change to the 3*, because people love to exploit loopholes, they think they're smart, but they just ruined him for everyone. Now, make Gambit's red power stronger. It started out weak because of his battery... Now, without the battery, his red power is just, plain, trash! 
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Congrats, you stayed 2 Legit 2 Quit. Now please, Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    I've always played him 5/5/3

I think they should change his Black to Hypnotic Charm. When you activate it it steals Red and Purple AP and then stuns the targeted hero for 1 round due to confusion. With his Red, have it be the same as it is, except when Charged Tiles are on the board when it is used, have the cards explode a bit, maybe in a small 4-block area..