Please buff 5* Gambit

CharlieCroker
CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
With all the furore about the rebalancing of Gambit, I have come to the realisation that he is probably still quite not strong enough to win a 1v3 against three other random champed 5*s of a similar level.

So clearly he needs more utility but what?  I've listed below some things the first four 5*s released can do (OML, PHX, SS, BSSM I believe) which Gambit can't but I'm sure there are plenty of other things they could give him to really elevate him to elite status:

True healing
Strikes tiles
Ability to flood board with red tiles
Invisibility
Stuns
AOE damage

Further suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Immunity to stun and resurrection too.
  • capi121
    capi121 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Absorption of 100% of the damage when he is in front.

• Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Free attack on enemy power cast
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Vanquished players team is removed from their roster and added to the victorious Gambit as champ levels..
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    AOE is obvious. This is a guy who has 52 playing cards to throw, after all.

Also, at 15 AP, he should charge and insta kill a random opponent passively.  Maybe the opposing team gets 5 AP as balance.  It is canon in the comics, after all.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Immunity from defeat from any team without Gambit. He is nearly there anyhow. Why not make it official.
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Passive: every turn fire a random ally ability, for free, for each enemy still in the fight. You may only collect a maximum of 20 ap in each color.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,110 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once Gambit makes a match 3 of any colour, the opposition team is automatically turned into a 1* team of 3 x Yelena and her AP costs are tripled. Gambit's team is awarded 500 points per fight regardless of opposition points value.

• Il galvanico
    Il galvanico Posts: 42 Just Dropped In

Passive: at the begin of the match, he turns himself into Jamie Madrox.

• Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Change his purple and red to passive abilities that fire every round.  Reduce health by 10 percent and no more AP generation (so he not OP).  Change black to a passive power...any match 4 or greater by team or enemy will stun enemy team for 2 rounds (animation will be gambit's head and professor X's head rotating clockwise and counter clockwise respectively for 15 seconds with a tiny random character in bikini in the middle (better hope it's not kingpin...barf)).  Animation will never be seen, don't worry, since we all play with animations off now.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Passive: AI automatically turns on character animations and spams for 15 minutes, removing retreat option and automatically deleting player’s roster if app is closed. AI wins the game.
  • DAZ0273
    Change his purple and red to passive abilities that fire every round.  Reduce health by 10 percent and no more AP generation (so he not OP).  Change black to a passive power...any match 4 or greater by team or enemy will stun enemy team for 2 rounds (animation will be gambit's head and professor X's head rotating clockwise and counter clockwise respectively for 15 seconds with a tiny random character in bikini in the middle (better hope it's not kingpin...barf)).  Animation will never be seen, don't worry, since we all play with animations off now.
    Reduce?!?!? I thought we were buffing?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 said:UI
    Reduce?!?!? I thought we were buffing?
     Changes must be balanced.

Funbalanced. :D
    He'll be completely useless now...
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Hmm...I'd add:

A fourth Passive: Any time Gambit's team has 3 Team-up AP, Gambit summons 2 more waves of X-men to help should his first wave be defeated. Wave 2 includes a champed Rogue and Old Man Logan, Wave 2 includes Peggy and Phoenix.

And then to balance that out:

If Gwenpool is on a team opposing Gambit, she is able to bring up her cheat console for only one pink AP. (Why? Because, you've already broken the game, duh!) All codes dial Deadpool's cell phone and he sends Whales to end the match immediately.  Fourth wall breaking for the win.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Transforms into the hulk, free move + AP generation.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Turn him into a switch character like C&D and partner him with Rogue. When Rogue is attacked with an ability she gains that ability for the rest of the fight. Rogue also has a kiss ability that instantly downs an opponent if she has 12 or more red ap. Her third power is a passive which siphons two red ap from the enemy each turn.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    This thread is like the epitome of the snark that the mods were talking about. 

But I can't stop laughing.