Losing the DDQ 1* node [Off-topic comments split from bug report.]

System
System Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hand-to-Hand TU doesn’t deal damage.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    How do you lose the 1* node in DDQ? That's impressive
  • Dogface
    I only have one 1*, and just for the 1* node in DDQ. Juggernaut is good enough, but just at level 15 is pushing it
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I only have one 1* character and that is Iron Man. I only use him for the DDQ 1st node and that is it. He is fully covered and leveled. I don't mind if he loses some health as long as he gets the job done. He has 24 hrs to heal for his next battle anyway. He is the only original character left for me since I started. My Day 1 warrior. 
  • Dogface
    Shintok17 said:
    I only have one 1* character and that is Iron Man. I only use him for the DDQ 1st node and that is it. He is fully covered and leveled. I don't mind if he loses some health as long as he gets the job done. He has 24 hrs to heal for his next battle anyway. He is the only original character left for me since I started. My Day 1 warrior. 
    This could have been written by me. Exactly the same for me  :D
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Juggernaut but I see a lot of people run Spiderman instead. Juggs gets the job done, but Peter might be more fun. Hmmm
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use a fully covered and leveled juggernaut AND spiderman.  When the board denies red and green, that node can take Juggernaut alone a couple of minutes.  I figure the small amount of iso and the roster slot will get paid back eventually by all the seconds/day I save.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    Dogface said:
    I only have one 1*, and just for the 1* node in DDQ. Juggernaut is good enough, but just at level 15 is pushing it
    I understand :smile: . I guess I like a challenge and I haven't levelled him further because it's been working for me since the day DDQ was introduced. I don't mind losing that node (and where else do I get a chance to use low level random TUs). It only happens quite rarely when the board was bad and the opponents' CDs were unmatchable. A lvl 15 Juggernaut has a faster healing rate than a lvl 40 one, so it was useful in Balance of Power to save health packs. I also use him for beating people in SHIELD Sim and other versus event sometimes, so they have an easier retal node. When I have spare iso to level him to 40, I might do that. But, considering I still finish no.1 for DDQ occasionally.. I think I'd keep him as he is :wink:
    Another nominee for "Comment of the year"  :D
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    I use Juggernaut but I see a lot of people run Spiderman instead. Juggs gets the job done, but Peter might be more fun. Hmmm
    The updated 1* Spider-man is incredibly fun to play (at Lv50 5/5/3, both his purple and red reliably one-shot most characters in 1* DDQ).  Although I have five 1*'s rostered at the moment, Spider-man is the one constant in my DDQ team selection.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Beer40 said:
    OJSP said:
    Dogface said:
    I understand :smile: . I guess I like a challenge and I haven't levelled him further because it's been working for me since the day DDQ was introduced. I don't mind losing that node (and where else do I get a chance to use low level random TUs). It only happens quite rarely when the board was bad and the opponents' CDs were unmatchable. A lvl 15 Juggernaut has a faster healing rate than a lvl 40 one, so it was useful in Balance of Power to save health packs. I also use him for beating people in SHIELD Sim and other versus event sometimes, so they have an easier retal node. When I have spare iso to level him to 40, I might do that. But, considering I still finish no.1 for DDQ occasionally.. I think I'd keep him as he is :wink:
    Another nominee for "Comment of the year"  :D
    Hilarious. Considering that DDQ has no placement rewards and everyone once they finish all the nodes have the same amount of points. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,110 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm...I have been playing Juggernaut so long for this mode that I almost forgot you could probably use other 1* and get it done, I might try out Spidey once I gather his covers.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to roster a max-level Juggs for DDQ, but Spider-Man is now the clear choice since his re-balance. He's much faster and does damage on all 3 of his active colors.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I must be crazy in the eyes of most people.  I play the DDQ 1* node daily with fully leveled Juggernaut, Storm, and Black Widow.  I also still have a fully leveled Iron Man that I used to swap in when one of the first three was locked out, back when you couldn't use any members of the enemy team on your team in PvE.

I've been idly considering leveling the rest of the 1* characters again, just to "complete" the tier.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Dayv said:
    I think I must be crazy in the eyes of most people.  I play the DDQ 1* node daily with fully leveled Juggernaut, Storm, and Black Widow.  I also still have a fully leveled Iron Man that I used to swap in when one of the first three was locked out, back when you couldn't use any members of the enemy team on your team in PvE.

I've been idly considering leveling the rest of the 1* characters again, just to "complete" the tier.

I'm sorry Dayv but that is a waste of ISO. 1*s aren't even needed for Combined Arms anymore. Having more than 1 is useless.

It's like keeping all your weapons you were given at the beginning of an RPG.. you will never use them again once you advance far enough and they will sit there taking up inventory space. Eventually it's time to just say goodbye and let it go
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I can understand why he'd want to complete the tier though. I'm a completionist myself, and if it wasn't for the fact that I was starving for roster slots at one point in time, I would probably have all of my 1-Stars too, from when I started playing.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:

I've got all of the 1* except Venom and Juggs. It's fun to rotate between them and mess around with different teams on that 1* node.
  • Dogface
    If I had unlimited roster spots I would not hesitate to roster all characters I could. Sadly this isnt the case, so theres only place for one 1* on my roster.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:

I've got five maxed 1*'s on my roster (Widow, Iron Man, Spiderman, Storm & Yelena) and I use all of them more than many of my 3 & 4 *'s  Sure it's an inefficient use of resources...but it's a match-3 game, so there's a limit to how much I can care about that, especially as I never had the "gotta catch 'em all" mentality.

Even if you don't collect/max all the 1*'s, I strongly recommend getting the new-and-improved 1* Spiderman up and running.  While I slightly miss the web mechanics from the previous character, he's still just fun (and a power-house, on top of it all).
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    I have all the 1*s full leveled and rostered.  I have all the 2*s max-championed and a second of each rostered.  I have all the 3*s championed, 15 of the maxxed and dupes re-rostered for farming.  I have all of the 4stars (all champed but the most recent 5 and War Machine), I have all of the 5 stars (Iron Man champed) for a total of 177 roster spots.

I have 600,000 ISO; 12,000 HP; and 17 CP in the bank.  I'm not VIP and the most I ever bought was a $20 HP pack every 6-9months back when HP was actually useful (been well over a year).  The secret to amassing all this without cheating or breaking the bank?  Quit playing for Placement awards.

I'm serious.  Soon as I gave up on PvP, I started amassing much more in resources.  I join PvP, play for an hour to get to 575 for the CP (somethings 650 for the token if there's a quick win available), then stop.  The amount spent to get higher is in no way, shape, or form worth the time and resources it takes in shield hops.

I stopped caring in PvE.  I run through the nodes (4times for regular nodes, 2 times for wave) throughout the day.  Then power through the last bunch an hour before the end.  I don't speed run them.  I don't tap.  I don't worry about health packs.  If my "A" team dies, I have a huge roster, I can just throw other teams at a node until i win.

I use my HP to buy what ever daily deals are at 100HP and that's it.  I don't waste it on shields, packs, or vault draws.  The rest is saved for roster spots.  Even with this spending, I net gain about 500HP a week, which gives me a new roster spot every other week.  I was over 20000 HP this summer, but I hit the point of 3* farming now, so opening up those slots is causing a bit of a slow drain.

I save all my ISO until I have to champion a toon.  I only use my CP on classic token pulls to maximize the number of covers.  The farms (and DDQ) give enough HP and CP and covers for the next levels to give me a reasonable amount latest token pulls to get at least 1 cover of the new releases.  Even using this strategy, I still generally finish in the top 100 (sometimes top 50) so I get decent token and covers there.

I know this flies in the face of the current META, but it works REALLY well.  The only place I suffer is SHIELD training, where I don't have the latest toons at high enough levels, but, after reading the forums, even the people that do grind for placement have issues there, so I don't feel like trying is worth it.

/I know I have to update my signature.  My roster is out of date