Can not start the game

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Hi.

I can not start the game, I have tried in Wifi ang 4g, but it is always the same.

It stops while retrieving coalition data (in spanish I do not know the english words) with the cycling circle and then an error screen appears saying that can not connect to server and to review my connection or just something went wrong screen with 2 options, Cancel and Retry.

After pressing Retry I get again the retrieving coalition data message with the cycling circle and after a while again Something went wrong. 

Pressing Cancel shows loading all events message (again do not know the words in english) with the cycling circle. After this again something went wrong with just the Retry button and again after pressing Retry appears the message loading all events with the cycling circle.

@Brigby are developers working on servers?

Comments

• AnnetDragony
    AnnetDragony Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok, me too. Stops at coalition data loading (Russian ver). The same time. Tried on 2 different wifi, on LTE internet, 3G. And there’s “smth went wrong” mistake again!
  • Cfwraith
    Cfwraith Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same wifi, 4g  keeps getting stuck at coalition data.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can confirm with myself and others in my coalition

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same here! 
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Same situation here as well.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also stuck here ... not loading
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Same here, stuck at 'Retrieving Coalition data'
  • Con4ndo20
    Con4ndo20 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here.
  • Zarcos
    Zarcos Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here too
  • Dawnbringer
    Dawnbringer Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here in UK tried several times still stuck

• p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Same here, can't load anything

//edit
    Now it's back to working again, didn't do anything to try and fix it

//edit2
    Working as in: it's still pretty messed up, lots of stuckness and error messages... But after a few retries and some patience i can play

//edit3
    Got stuck loading an opponent in TotP:blue on first node  after winning first match - but the next node works and despite a lot of errors and slow loading it does play. Finished 2nd node, 3rd node stuck loading opponent again. 
  • Dawnbringer
    Dawnbringer Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still can't get in says can't connect to server please check internet connection
  • rafalele
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Now I can start the app but does not load events screen. Something went wrong screen appears everytime. 

Update: 5 minutes later again the game does not even start. Server can not be connected and again something went wrong screen. 
  • rafalele
    Options
    Now I can play without any problem.

If anything of these starting and something went wrong  problems were due to maintenance, there should be a message in the app saying it. Don't you think so? 
  • rafalele
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience, as it would appear that the servers went down for approximately 1.5 hours, before functionality gradually returned. The team is currently investigating why this occurred, and what steps we can take to try and prevent this from occurring in the future.
    If anything of these starting and something went wrong  problems were due to maintenance, there should be a message in the app saying it. Don't you think so? 
    When we have scheduled maintenance, we always do our best to communicate that ahead of time. Unfortunately the loss of server functionality this time around was not a scheduled occurrence.
    Thank you
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience, as it would appear that the servers went down for approximately 1.5 hours, before functionality gradually returned. The team is currently investigating why this occurred, and what steps we can take to try and prevent this from occurring in the future.
    When we have scheduled maintenance, we always do our best to communicate that ahead of time. Unfortunately the loss of server functionality this time around was not a scheduled occurrence.
    Thank you for being forthright about the issue. Much appreciated.