Unpopular non 1000 day player opinion: 5 star nodes should give a chunk of ISO not score.

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
I do not fight in the CLs that have the 5 star node so its not about me not being able to compete in those nodes or not beat them. It has everything to do with the fact that I score between 4000 - 4500 less for my alliance than people playing in 8 & 9. Even if I play perfectly 7 clears on an optimal schedule i will score far less then someone who does not but has access to the 5 star node.
Its not a huge deal but wouldnt high level players rather have a 3500 iso node one shot instead of 6 clears on a 5 star node?

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that if your alliance was competitive enough to need those lost points for placement, they'd sooner dump all players who couldn't compete at that level. I'm not recommending they do, I'm just saying that if they haven't, I wouldn't sweat it.

I never play for placement, but that 5* node gives me CP every day, as well as an event token. I usually only play PvE until I get the 4* progression reward and not for max progression — the 5* node allows me to not have to grind the low-point nodes to achieve those progression rewards.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Definitely unpopular opinion . :) 

The 5* nodes are awesome for all the reasons already given by everyone else. 

If you're making 7 clears as stated you should be in good standing for any t100 pve alliance. :) 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe the OP and alliance should tap to make up the difference if they want to slum in lower SCLs and avoid the 5* essential nodes. Always an option and plenty of guides here throughout the forums to show you the way. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't forget either that the 5* node serves as an incentive to roster 5*s, which drives hp sales. Would people really spend hard cash for a chance at a small chunk of iso? Probably not in sufficient numbers. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe the OP and alliance should tap to make up the difference if they want to slum in lower SCLs and avoid the 5* essential nodes. Always an option and plenty of guides here throughout the forums to show you the way. 
    This was probably sarcasm, but in the OP's "defense", that would take an epic amount of tapping. 
    Most definitely; however, considering the level of difficulty (decreased levels and enemy health) for the tapping nodes (3-4 pt repeatables) in lower SCLs, they just might pull it off. 
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This current setup is a good setup for lower level rosters.  This discourages more advanced rosters from slumming it in lower scls