How long is Nicol Bolas going to be on sale?

Options
majincob
majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
Basically what the title asks. He is in the vault for an additional 17 days according to the vault timer.... This is the fourth(?) time he's been in the vault for cash in a row. I thought everyone who was going to buy him already would have with the very first sale, or at least the second sale. 

If you want people to fork out money you need to make a better argument than that you get "early access" since that crowd has already bought in. What would be helpful at this point would be to tell us when he will be available for crystals and how much it will cost.

5 weeks up for cash is too long IMO. At this point it seems like D3 might even run another sale after this one pushing the pay period out to 6 or more weeks.

In the long run, I'm worried that this will be the norm for new planeswalkers and am even a little fearful that they'll try to force PW specific events during the cash only phase, creating a pay-to-win situation resulting in player outrage.

Comments

• Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I completely agree with this. Those who were willing to spend real money on it already have and those who weren't still won't. I was pretty annoyed seeing that in the vault today. 
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So long as he can be purchased for crystals before any event that requires him starts, I don't really care. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pw are the key to victory. Versatility is the  key to victory and Bolas is the new king of versatility. So, why give this key for "ftee"?
    This game is entertainment for the public and making money for D3. If you want entertainment now you have to pay or wait for it to come for crystals some times.

Btw. I didn't understand the policy about pw before. Why buying a pw for real cash if I can have him/her 2 weeks later for crystals.

With booster crafting cards are degrading. Everbody can have every card. Bit PW you have to buy or wait for. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just have to remember how long we had to wait to get Saheeli for crystals... 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just have to remember how long we had to wait to get Saheeli for crystals... 
    around 6 months if i remember correctly? 
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I won her in (I think) the second running of her event around Sept 22 of last year.  She went for sale late-middle to end of AER block.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won her on the second run of her event too, felt like a very long while before I saw her up for purchase (cash not crystals) the following year
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm afraid I'm unaware of when exactly Nicol Bolas will be available for Mana Crystal purchase in the vault, however rest assured that he will in fact be available at some point, and not a permanent bundle purchase.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I'm afraid I'm unaware of when exactly Nicol Bolas will be available for Mana Crystal purchase in the vault, however rest assured that he will in fact be available at some point, and not a permanent bundle purchase.
    any idea how much he will cost?  I'm presuming ~900ish to follow the pattern of +300 crystals per additional color, but I wouldn't complain if he was another 650 ;)
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d be shocked if he was only 900.  1200 or even 1500 is more likely 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    that's double+ the cost of the highest planeswalker prior.  I know he's 3 color and very powerful, but that's a steep price :o
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    that's double+ the cost of the highest planeswalker prior.  I know he's 3 color and very powerful, but that's a steep price :o
    295 to 650 is 2.2 times the cost, which could mean 975-1450 (3.3 times 295 and 2.2 times 650 as the edges)
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    His rune costs are basically doubled 

and don’t get me wrong, it would be great if he only costs 900.  I just don’t believe it will happen 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    that wishful thinking tho :)
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    naphomci said:
    295 to 650 is 2.2 times the cost, which could mean 975-1450 (3.3 times 295 and 2.2 times 650 as the edges)
    Based on the sale price and standard price of USD$40-$50 and an assumption the bundled Super Packs are worth no more than $10 total, Bolas should be in the range of 900-1,200 Mana Crystals, as 3,000 Crystals can be purchased for $100.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think he'll be 650
  • blacklotus
    Options
    My guess is Bolas will cost 1500 gold crystals. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby was that an official response?  Oh wait. Mod hat off. Carry on. 
  • blacklotus
    Options
    Flagging Brigby for trolling in the forum. :smirk: