Very Generous TotP Coming Up

Options
Decreased entry fee and increased rewards.  Thanks guys!

Comments

• Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    30 Crystal entry, Reward is 18 Purple Jewels and 75 Crystals... -2 Purple and +75 Crystals from normal.

I like that, given that Purples are becoming devalued and Crystals more valued.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I only played the trials once. I never saw it to be worth my time and crystals. 
    With this buy in and the rewards I'll be playing for sure.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Trials are way more valuable with booster crafting.

Instead of buying premium pack for 300 crystals (about 780 mana orbs: 78 orbs per 30 crystals), you can play for in trials. And if you take it to the end you pay in normal weeks (60 crystals entry, 20 jewels + 30 crystals reward) nearly the half for about 680 mana orbs (5 days, 5 booster) an get 100 jewels (5x20) on top. That means every successful finished trial nets you statistical a plus of at least 40 orbs (booster 118 orbs minus 78 orbs for entry plus reward) without jewels.

This week you even get a big plus on crystals.

btw. jewels becoming devalued, but 400 jewels are minimum 500 mana orbs (dupe mystic). With right timing or just luck way more. So every 20 jewels are worth at least: 25 mana orbs.

All in all every daily trial is worth around 65 orbs.
  • Krishna
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    The Trials are way more valuable with booster crafting.

Instead of buying premium pack for 300 crystals (about 780 mana orbs: 78 orbs per 30 crystals), you can play for in trials. And if you take it to the end you pay in normal weeks (60 crystals entry, 20 jewels + 30 crystals reward) nearly the half for about 680 mana orbs (5 days, 5 booster) an get 100 jewels (5x20) on top. That means every successful finished trial nets you statistical a plus of at least 40 orbs (booster 118 orbs minus 78 orbs for entry plus reward) without jewels.

This week you even get a big plus on crystals.

btw. jewels becoming devalued, but 400 jewels are minimum 500 mana orbs (dupe mystic). With right timing or just luck way more. So every 20 jewels are worth at least: 25 mana orbs.

All in all every daily trial is worth around 65 orbs.
    The way it's described there,it seems like most in-game currency will be convertible to BC orbs. I've included I diagram to better illustrate this.

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    how does mana runes convert to orbs?

HH
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They don't; a doodle on loose-leaf paper isn't the most accurate communication tool :P
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They don't; a doodle on loose-leaf paper isn't the most accurate communication tool :P

Lies! Next you'll be condemning cave drawings!
  • Hottwhyrd
    Hottwhyrd Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm gold. So this doesn't benefit me in any way.  Maybe gold should be granted some gold for these
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So thank you for the reduced entry cost and increased rewards in TotP. 
    Just completed my first for the week. So worth it.

One problem..... @Mainloop25 enough with Emrakul, the Promised End lol.
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    The drawing is simple but beside runes right. All other resources in the game can be converted in to orbs,but not into other. So we have a exchange course for every coversation, if we take the known drop rates. So we can weight every purchase, even needed matches or approx. time consumption for rewards in mana orbs. 
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well, but can't the same diagram be made with the end result just reading: "more cards"? 

Seems like the way it is supposed to work :) 

I also imagine the system will work better once ixalan launches, as people will have blown their hoarded dupes by then, and be able to gain orbs at the rate they were intended
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    That right. Orbs can only convert into cards. But you have legacy, standard, new set and 4 different rarities. Everything got it's own exchange rate.

It's easier to count in orbs. 
    I don't count my real money in premium packs either... 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    So thank you for the reduced entry cost and increased rewards in TotP. 
    Just completed my first for the week. So worth it.

One problem..... @Mainloop25 enough with Emrakul, the Promised End lol.

:smile: 
  • manabanana
    manabanana Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone else finding it annoying getting only 18 jewels instead of 20, I hate seeing the weird totals when everything is in multiples of 5
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else finding it annoying getting only 18 jewels instead of 20, I hate seeing the weird totals when everything is in multiples of 5
    I’m ok with it! My crystals always end in 3 or 8 so it’s nice that they have a bit of odd company. It bothered me more when my crystals were the only thing that was off. 
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just win 40 matches over 5 Planes events and you'll be back at a multiple of 5 :)
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The same issue was with reduced price for origin pack 196... Now I have no way to spend all mana crystals ;)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am somehow on 34/40 points in blue currently... Ummmm, how?
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unfortunately miss playing Blue today due to it being my only day off and having running around to do.

Probably going to have a tough time with Black, but don't want to miss out on two in a row with these great prizes.
  • Krishna
    Options
    2nd week of killer rewards, coming up. Hopefully the nodes work properly.