Game Crashing Consistently with Certain Phones

FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
Hey!  So a few of my long-term mtgpq player friends have been noticing the game crash more and more frequently (mid-match) with the updates over the past 6 months, but the other games they play run perfectly fine.  Are there certain phones that just don't mix well with mtgpq or could this be something that's looked into when releasing future patches?  Any advice of what to do in the meantime? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @FindingHeart8 Do you know what devices they use, as well as what versions their devices are on?

In addition, are these true crashes (program all of a sudden disappears, and player is brought back to device "desktop") or the game just gets stuck on a loading screen, or something like that?
  • FindingHeart8
    I'll ask them and get back to you on the specific phone devices.  I know that they're phones of $100 or less to purchase, and (going off your definition) that they're true crashes
  • FindingHeart8
    Brigby said:
    @FindingHeart8 Do you know what devices they use, as well as what versions their devices are on?

In addition, are these true crashes (program all of a sudden disappears, and player is brought back to device "desktop") or the game just gets stuck on a loading screen, or something like that?
    One of them is an iphone 6, which crashes once or twice a week regularly

the friend that has the most frequent full crashes though uses an Alcatel One Touch, which full crashes within 30-45 minutes of playing everytime, but runs other games fine indefinitely.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

the friend that has the most frequent full crashes though uses an Alcatel One Touch, which full crashes within 30-45 minutes of playing everytime, but runs other games fine indefinitely.
    I find rebooting my iphone6s+ before starting a mtgpq game session helps with minimising unexpected issues. Rebooting only takes a minute. Hence it isn't any issue with me. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Brigby said:

I find rebooting my iphone6s+ before starting a mtgpq game session helps with minimising unexpected issues. Rebooting only takes a minute. Hence it isn't any issue with me. 
    Thanks blacklotus!  I'll pass that message along.  Any idea about the One Touch?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    In addition to rebooting the phone, I'd recommend making sure as many non-essential programs are shut down, and not still running in the background, prior to playing.
  • FindingHeart8
    Brigby said:
    In addition to rebooting the phone, I'd recommend making sure as many non-essential programs are shut down, and not still running in the background, prior to playing.
    Yeah I watched them do that, still continues to crash consistently
  • FindingHeart8
    replaced the battery too, followed pretty much all the standard troubleshooting steps