question about 5* gambit

I hit the MPQ lottery and have 5* gambit with 5 blacks. Im not a 5* player I have 2/3 of the 4* champed mainly play PE till progression and only play to 400pts. in PVP. If I were to get any more Gambit covers would it be better to start a duplicate and use the 5 black gam to all his glory?

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. No. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're probably better off not opening Legendary tokens for a while and using your Gambattery to fuel your heavy hitters.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Quebbster said:
    You're probably better off not opening Legendary tokens for a while and using your Gambattery to fuel your heavy hitters.

your probably right but Its driving me crazy that I don't have a Thor 5* yet  
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Also you should go for 575 in PvP. The 10 CP should be easy to get to and will really help
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    An all black 5* Gambit is a ton of fun, esp for how you play. In all likelyhood, you will not cover Gambit before he leaves. Imo, an all black Gambit is vastly better than winding up with a 1/1/5 or something close to that. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you are going to push to the 5* level at some point, then just build on what you have
     If you can't see yourself ever doing that, he is more valuable as 0/0/5. So it just depends on what you want for your roster. A fully covered 5* Gambit is awesome, but if you're not going to level him because you're staying low to avoid unfavorable PvP matchups, it doesn't make sense, IMO, to break your 0/0/5.

However, keep in mind that they always reserve the right to nerf/buff/alter him. If that happens and you wasted the extra covers, you probably won't get much sympathy from your victims. 

Personal experience: I had a 0/3/4 G5mbit and I used the covers on him, so I now have a 2/3/4. 
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Out of the recent 5*, Gambit is worth it to build. Horde your CP, wait until he’s close to being out, then get as many pulls from Latest store as you can. CS will swap out any duplicate covers, so if you can champ him, Champ him. He will be great for you for PVE to build up your CP. Enter lower PVE brackets late for better chances at covers to build your roster. Then when he is out, horse for a few months until you have a chance to fully Champ and cover a different 5*. Having two Champed 5* will go a long way for you in both PVP and PVE. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Hopefully none of those gimmick builds you mention will actually be useful once the devs wake up.  In the interim, either version of gambit with 5 black is useful since it’s so stupidly broken.  Don’t start a dupe since if they actually rebalance him you will be displeased to have worthless 5* covers not applied to your main one.  Should you get another black, request swap and hold cover as long as you can if you don’t want to disrput your OP toy.

#NerfGambitAlready
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker

well that was a change now my all black 5* gambit is useless.so much for my lucky 5* pulls

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    formula11 said:

well that was a change now my all black 5* gambit is useless.so much for my lucky 5* pulls

CS should still be able to swap future covers. The main effect this has on you is that you don't need to worry about getting Purple or red covers.