Deadpool VS. MPQ Sub 2 changes

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
Just did my clears and this sub has changed. The old DP 2nd Yellow node now locks.  There is a node at the top of the map called Evil Geniues.  This node has Doc Ock, Dr Doom and Moonstone for a 420 point total in SL9.  Just wanted to give people a heads up. 

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    So two things here:
    1. Obvious attempt at preventing tapping (yay!) but doesn't really address the underlying issue;
    2. Due to the iPhone X screen size issue, this node was nearly impossible for me to click on. I literally spent 30 seconds each clear trying to click on it but it was covered up way up there. If you're gonna add a new node at least make it easily reachable (or don't **** up the iPhone X emulation).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one with Loki, Ares and Ragnarok?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:

Yes, this used to be the second hard node and was clearable. You could use loaner Deadpool, Thanos and anyone else on your roster to wipe it out quickly due to Loki's low health. Guessing they one-timed it and added the new node above to help prevent tapping. Probably effective on this sub as the Doom node before it only grants one points, but man that one is easy to clear too.
  • The rockett
    Your right Joe.  Some of these nodes are hidden and very hard to get to or over lap.  I hope they can adresss them.  I wish I could add pics on this forum but I cannot get it to work. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your right Joe.  Some of these nodes are hidden and very hard to get to or over lap.  I hope they can adresss them.  I wish I could add pics on this forum but I cannot get it to work. 
    We know they don't play test, but you'd think they'd at least make sure the nodes they add are clickable.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not too familiar with Moonstone but how is she an evil genius? I guess they ran out of evil doctors
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    We know they don't play test, but you'd think they'd at least make sure the nodes they add are clickable.
    Like Strange Sights where they smushed all nodes on a square inch, making it very hard to select the correct node.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Like Strange Sights where they smushed all nodes on a square inch, making it very hard to select the correct node.
    Or the last run of hulk event, with the way they smashed the 5ess node in the one sub (can't remember which now). Just remember I had a hell of a time clicking on it......
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not too familiar with Moonstone but how is she an evil genius? I guess they ran out of evil doctors
    She’s a Doctor. Psychologist, which is why she offers therepy to Deadpool.
    Also, thanks to the Devs for adding this mission. I had never appreciated having the additional required character mission, especially since Deadpool isn’t an auto-boosted hero for this event. He really should be boosted every time.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Or the last run of hulk event, with the way they smashed the 5ess node in the one sub (can't remember which now). Just remember I had a hell of a time clicking on it......
    That made the map look so messy. So many other better choices for placement of that node. There is a whole extra landmass on the left with nothing on. Why the devs decided to put it where they did is beyond me. Poor design choice.
  • The rockett
    Milk Jugz said:
    Daiches said:
    Bowgentle said:
    YES!!!!  I think I sent a ticket in about that one.  It was terrible. Like right on top of each other. 
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    So two things here:
     If you're gonna add a new node at least make it easily reachable (or don't tinykitty up the iPhone X emulation).
    Node placement is a mystery to me. They often lump up the nodes so they almost overlap when there’s a ton of space to spread them out for easy availability even with smaller screens.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Was it Enemy of the State that had the new 5* half-covered?  Very poor layout given different screen sizes.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Quebbster said:

Yes, this used to be the second hard node and was clearable. You could use loaner Deadpool, Thanos and anyone else on your roster to wipe it out quickly due to Loki's low health. Guessing they one-timed it and added the new node above to help prevent tapping. Probably effective on this sub as the Doom node before it only grants one points, but man that one is easy to clear too.
    I'm going to guess that they one-timed the essential node and added a normal Hard node because of what that does to progression and countdown timers, not specifically tapping.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    She’s a Doctor. Psychologist, which is why she offers therepy to Deadpool.
    Also, thanks to the Devs for adding this mission. I had never appreciated having the additional required character mission, especially since Deadpool isn’t an auto-boosted hero for this event. He really should be boosted every time.

Psychiatrist, actually (a Psychologist is basically a therapist, while a Psychiatrist has an MD with a specialty in Mental Health.)  She actually convinced the original Moonstone to hand over his power source (some sort of Alien Artifact, the eponymous moonstone,) as a part of his therapy, so she became the new Moonstone.  She had a stint as a hero in Thunderbolts, but in general is portrayed as a terrible, terrible person.  Osbourne said that she talked several of her patients into suicide for example.

Weird that they made this node full of characters from other nodes, though.  I mean, they could have used the other version of Doc Ock, for instance, and I think Brock isn't in that sub, right?  Anyway, I'm glad they made the team-up node a one-time thing - Team-up nodes are cute for the novelty, but when you have to clear them they're a pain in the butt...

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Strange Sights is another one with unfortunate node placement.   I get why they're placed why they are, given the background, and the background is nice enough, but that event should come with a stylus. 

It's a good argument for closer to top-down backgrounds where everything is a viable node placement location.  Sy what you will about Florida sub (and believe me, I have), but at least the nodes are distributed all over the map.