Rematches ever possible?

Sinitar
Sinitar Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
Sure would be a nice feature to add so we could get another shot on all those times the match came down to single digits or sweet revenge on that one guy who runs 5 disable spells or a omniscience tidal wave granted your playing against the A.I. but it would still be fun

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    I would love this. Even if you didn't get any reward for playing the rematch.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    do you really want to meet the same powerful deck and PW that just beat you in an event like HOU immediately again? 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d be down for this. I’ve had so many “If only I’d...” matches. 
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    What if we are given a rematch if we spend some gold or mana jewels for it ?
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    do you really want to meet the same powerful deck and PW that just beat you in an event like HOU immediately again? 
    Well, maybe not in an event where I was gunning for objectives, but yes.
    Revenge!! I need closure.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    I've always wanted this in Training Grounds. I play it for fun often enough and sometimes I'd really like to get a rematch against the dude that just spanked me. It's always nice to randomly get paired against that deck in the future and get a shot at redemption but it's so rare that this feature would be great. Of course rematch would only be available if you lost.
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I think I'd like this as long as it was just for vanity. When I lose matches, it usually comes down to a crazy cascade or a triple stack GR out of a 100 mama cascade. When that happens, I take it as my cue to put the game 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Well, I can see why.  There are a bunch of cards that are really "sideboard" cards.  Usable against certain decks only.  In MTGPQ we don't have a sideboard scenario where you adjust your deck and replay.  The AI is static, so it wouldn't gain any advantage while the player does.

So I'd be really torn on the idea.  I don't know that it makes sense in the context of this match-3 app as much as it does in traditional paper play.  Card design in the app does have to make a little better effort to avoid sideboard only kind of card design, though, where cards are only really usable against certain deck builds (Maelstrom Pulse, etc).
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    James13 said:
    Well, I can see why.  There are a bunch of cards that are really "sideboard" cards.  Usable against certain decks only.  In MTGPQ we don't have a sideboard scenario where you adjust your deck and replay.  The AI is static, so it wouldn't gain any advantage while the player does.

So I'd be really torn on the idea.  I don't know that it makes sense in the context of this match-3 app as much as it does in traditional paper play.  Card design in the app does have to make a little better effort to avoid sideboard only kind of card design, though, where cards are only really usable against certain deck builds (Maelstrom Pulse, etc).
    Yeah with the limited board state and nonexistant stack in mtgpq, a sideboard wouldn't be very effective...though some cards in this game seem to be designed to do just that.

I'm biased though, in the card game I've always viewed a sideboard as like having safety wheels for your bike.  A well-built mtg deck should be able to stand up to most other decks without the need of a sideboard.