Team Combos for DP vs MPQ

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
This event is great, such a challenge that I tried a bunch of different team combos! I wanted to share them with everyone.

OBW, Peggy, 005 Gambit 
Strange, 3DP, 005 Gambit
Carnage, GR, 505 Gambit
Bl4de, PunMax, 505 Gambit
Professor X, Grocket, 055 Gambit
Rhulk, Moonknight, 055 Gambit
SW, KK, 055 Gambit

I even tried my Champed Gambit a few times... by accident.. I lost.. but I came close!

The possibilities are just simply endless! What teams have you used?

(Yes, I am a jerk that owns all Gambit combos)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    What team would you advise for the  BSSM node.  This is Very Important.
    Esp. Since a 12 cover BSSM is still guff.
    My Gambattery is 0/0/4 if it helps.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This event is great, such a challenge that I tried a bunch of different team combos!

OBW, Peggy, 005 Gambit 
    Strange, 3DP, 005 Gambit
    Carnage, GR, 505 Gambit
    Bl4de, PunMax, 505 Gambit
    Professor X, Grocket, 055 Gambit
    Rhulk, Moonknight, 055 Gambit

I even tried my Champed Gambit a few times... by accident.. I lost.. but I came close!

The possibilities are just simply endless!

(Yes, I am a jerk that owns all Gambit combos)

Try Phoenix 4Balde and Gambit 005.  Great combo.
    Black Widow 5*, 4 Blade,  Gambit 005.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    (Sits patiently in the corner waiting for D3 to nerf Gambattery).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    CT1888 said:
    I actually used Carnage and Medusa. The blue and green from the enemy AP to stun them all down, especially Cage. Then Medusa steals the tiles. Slow but worked
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Deadpool, Gambattery, meatshield. Drop them whales!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage/Medusa didn't work so well for me unfortunately.
    Got the 4th clear with DD/Gamora, thanks to a Deadliest Woman to finish the fight
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    (Sits patiently in the corner waiting for D3 to nerf Gambattery).
    I agree 100%. All they would have to do is change the wording to say that this passive is only active when Gambit has a red and purple power. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    3* Deadpool, Gambattery, meatshield. Drop them whales!
    I used Invisible Woman as the meatshield. That way, you could at least use any of the incidental yellow, blue and green AP you gathered while waiting for Gambattery to charge.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    CT1888 said:
    I'm in clearance level 8 and used Eddie venom and kamala.

Put venom yellow and black at 5. He gives them plenty of shields with bssm match damage that his yellow nukes pretty well. 

Kamala I ran with purple and yellow at 5. So she generates more green to throw cars. 

My bssm is 4-2-4. So use green then blue any chance you get.

I used this team vs cage fist and mock too. Negated cage passive and negated fist swords. Just had to prioritise yellow. And black to a lesser extent to keep fist quiet.

Vs the villains just deny black while targeting vulture first.
  • sambrookjm
    Another fun team is Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, and 0/0/5 Gambit.  Hellfire every three turns.  Escape Plan every 4 turns.  Penance Stare for when one of the AI team fires off an ability, but you actually need to *gasp* earn the black AP for that...just like we used to in the olden days before Gambattery.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just had some fun with Moon Knight, Strang3 and IM40. IM40 fuels red for himself, green for MK and blue for Strange's stun.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Jessica Drew with 005 Gambat and found that to be every bit as good as Peggy since Jessica uses the Red and Purple (set both to 5). I was literally filling the board with trap tiles for the enemy to stumble into.

I'm in CL7 so Gamora/Grocket was more than enough on their own to finish the BSSM node 6 times (my BSSM has just 1 blue cover so is just along for the ride). But I'd imagine Jessica / Gambat would have been just fine.

KGB
  • sambrookjm
    edited December 2017
    KGB said:
    I used Jessica Drew with 005 Gambat and found that to be every bit as good as Peggy since Jessica uses the Red and Purple (set both to 5). I was literally filling the board with trap tiles for the enemy to stumble into.

I'm in CL7 so Gamora/Grocket was more than enough on their own to finish the BSSM node 6 times (my BSSM has just 1 blue cover so is just along for the ride). But I'd imagine Jessica / Gambat would have been just fine.

KGB
    My Spider Woman is 5/5/1, so her red wouldn't be nearly as much use.  I was using 4-star Deadpool with 005 3-star Gambat instead.  Countdown to What tiles were *everywhere* on the board. Deadpool true healing 4500 health every 4-5 turns was also nice.  Even in SCL9, they were doing quite well in most places...but not in the BSSM required node.  I didn't try them there.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

had some fun with IM40, Fury and Moon Knight - being able to put down 2 Demoltions at once made it very likely the other team was going to match a trap tile, which took out 2 full health enemies

and a Moon Knight green to clean it up

• j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    of course i can steamroll using phoenix gambatt (+medusa where available) , but for extra challenge i used oml 4pun for the 5e node with some success

and, taking this opportunity to request a nerf on thanos together with gambatt.   having 5 thanos severely skews pve towards thanos users.  gambatt only levelled the playing field ( provisionally i must add)
  • BigOldBob
    BigOldBob Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Kk (535), bssm (102), gambat(055) did the job at cl9.

Please nerf thanos, gambit, Medusa, grocket, Carol and every other hero who is the strongest afterwards.