What is the jewels future

Options
dragonslayer
dragonslayer Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Im so excited with the announcement of the booster crafting but what about the purple jewels
It already happened to me a lot of times when having only 1 card in an elite pack and i still get it as a dupe(starting to think that the chances are multiplied to get a dupes). So now with the announcement of stoping the refund policy, im i never gonna have new cards with my hard earned jewels(a reminder it takes 3weeks to a month to assemble 400)
Whos having the same problem as i am

Comments

• dragonslayer
    Options
    So to confirm my theory i bought 2 elites packs and got 2 dupes of cruel reality(the only one i own). Now i dont think its bad luck is it????
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It has to be said that what happened to you can be fully explained by randomness, and in fact, if it was impossible to happen, then it certainly wouldn't be random.  But IMO the number of anecdotes of repeated dupes of the same card from elite packs is sufficiently large relative to the size of the player-base that I wish there was some solid data that allowed us to test the randomness statistically.  (Unfortunately, it's very difficult for individual anecdotes to make any kind of a convincing case.)
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    @volrak maybe you are right on that point. But what will be the value of the jewels when getting a dupe is 1\5 th of a new mythic in booster crafting
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Octagon needs to work out what in-game items can be bought with purple jewels after booster crafting comes out. As it currently stands, it can only be used to buy elite packs. And with the no re-roll policy after booster crafting is launched, premium packs can potentially return more mana orbs from dupes than elite packs.
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    Well said @blacklotus
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Octagon needs to work out what in-game items can be bought with purple jewels after booster crafting comes out. As it currently stands, it can only be used to buy elite packs. And with the no re-roll policy after booster crafting is launched, premium packs can potentially return more mana orbs from dupes than elite packs.
    No re-roll after Dec. 8th. Not after BC is released. Very important point to make out there.
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So to confirm my theory i bought 2 elites packs and got 2 dupes of cruel reality(the only one i own). Now i dont think its bad luck is it????
    If it makes you feel any better... or worse...  I have 2 Cruel Realities already and got a Duplicate when I used my pinks!!

This IS a CRUEL Reality!   <snicker>

... patiently waiting for a reroll...
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I've opened around 10 Elite Packs without a single dupe, including opening up to 3 in the same collection, and including opening 2 in this pool when I already had 3 Mythics and 1 Masterpiece from the collection.

I guess people like me must be draining away all the good luck.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In average you'll get more mana orb in premiums than elite already, >70%
    @dragonslayer. Most of the time I get a dupe if there is a card I already own in an elite. I requested 5 re-roll in a row for getting the same dupe mythic. There is nothing random about this.

• blacklotus
    Options
    thanks for the very important re-roll policy date correction @Gunmix25
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MADAFAKA said:
    In average you'll get more mana orb in premiums than elite already, >70%
    @dragonslayer. Most of the time I get a dupe if there is a card I already own in an elite. I requested 5 re-roll in a row for getting the same dupe mythic. There is nothing random about this.

Agreed. Never had a non dupe from an elite pack without a reroll. Never had a masterpiece.  Had the same mythic 4 times in a row (initial and 3 rerolls). Usually end up with the guaranteed non dupe option from CS and even then get the mythic which is the only non masterpiece option. Including rerolls I have opened about 15 elites. Wish I yad enough to purchse one now as a guaranteed non dupe would have to be a masterpiece as for once I have all the mythics. 
  • dragonslayer
    Options
    The team were kind and refunded my 2 purshases.  but when cruel reality is outout of the way i got 2 rhonas (the first one is new) so where is the randemness
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to bring to light some variety of experience while opening elite packs, i opened 4 packs and got 4 different cards from them.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last  time I had 800 jewels, every mythic from the elite pack and non of the 6 masterpiece. Time to go for mp. Took me around 10 days and 12 to 15 dupes to get the mighty ornithopter one of the more or less useful swords... of course the two masterpiece i would go for.

But in the end the dupes are at least one new mystic from booster crafting. Wish I had more jewels before now...
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @volrak maybe you are right on that point. But what will be the value of the jewels when getting a dupe is 1\5 th of a new mythic in booster crafting
    TBH, I think I could live with the system if you got 1/5th (20%) the orbs for a new mythic from a dupe Elite pack pull, but it's actually 1/15th (6.7%) of a new mythic! As Emanon2000 said, you got Cruel Reality in more ways than one.

This is the question I posed to Oktagon in the Q & A, What is the future of Purple Jewels/ Elite Packs? Hope they answer it.
  • blacklotus
    Options
    Krishna said:
    TBH, I think I could live with the system if you got 1/5th (20%) the orbs for a new mythic from a dupe Elite pack pull, but it's actually 1/15th (6.7%) of a new mythic! As Emanon2000 said, you got Cruel Reality in more ways than one.

This is the question I posed to Oktagon in the Q & A, What is the future of Purple Jewels/ Elite Packs? Hope they answer it.
    well, it does have a range of values from 1/4 to 1/15 of a new mythic, depending on which set one pulls the elite pack from and which set one crafts the mythic from.

best case is a 750 mana orb dupe mythic from the latest set pulled from an elite pack within the first month of release use to craft a 3000 mana orb legacy/origins mythic card. 

worse case is a 500 mana orb dupe mythic use to craft a 7500 mythic card from the latest set.