New health bar suggestion

Options
I noticed the new health bar today is much more difficult to determine how much hp characters have in terms of percentage. Can you place markers or better coloring in the health bar at 75%, 50%, and 25% so the player can see the percentage at a quick glance? I'd prefer the old cross style health bar if it was an option in the game. Thank you.

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think th bar is fine as it is. Just change the colour from a gradient to a constant colour that changes as you hit certain threshold. Over 50% yellow, over 40% orange, over 30% red, under flashing red. I think those are the thresholds used by Peggy, Ares and Punisher. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Pongie said:
    I think th bar is fine as it is. Just change the colour from a gradient to a constant colour that changes as you hit certain threshold. Over 50% yellow, over 40% orange, over 30% red, under flashing red. I think those are the thresholds used by Peggy, Ares and Punisher. 
    This! I like this! As Pongie noted, several characters have powers that are affected by their own or their opponents' health *being at a certain level* (edit). A visual indicator like this, having the bar actually change color at certain percentages, would be a vast improvement over what we now have.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are also characters like Drax where % is relevant so rather than having to think about covering every single one, just include the numerical percentage on the health bar so there is no doubt either way for any of them.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I guess changing the color could work, but being colorblind I would really appreciate it if there was some other marker. 

An off the cuff idea: for characters that have active powers that change depending on their current target's HP, the AP icon that launches the power could have the indicator.  For example:

***Punisher: The red AP icon is normal when there is less than 8 red AP.  It glows if you have 8+ red AP and it glows Red with an "up arrow" (or a gun reticle or some other overlay) if you have 8 red AP and the current target is under 40% health (Assuming you have 5 powers in his red power)

Similar things could be used for toons that have powers that change on their own hp but putting a small overlay on the passive power's AP marker.  The one that is kind of in an "inactive" looking state.  For example:

****Peggy Carter:Her yellow passive.  The icon for the yellow power is the yellow AP with a black outline.  It could change when her hit points fall below the minimum activation level and put a "Ghost Busters" circle-with-a-slash overlay over it to show that it's not active any more.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bar is fine (and IMO better than the cross at telling).  However, I would like to see a toggle for HP vs Health % that you could toggle back and forth as needed.