Why no double CP in the 5* essential during 48 hour subs?

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
Title pretty much says it.  It's been the rule for quite some time now that the top node and the 4* essential node have 2 cp each during 48 hour subs, but the last couple iterations of a 48 hour sup only has 2 cp instead of 4.

@Brigby Would you mind asking around why?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Out of curiousity, this is SCL 8, right?
  • pheregas
    Quebbster said:
    It is.  However, node rewards have never been tied to CL before.  Only progression/placement.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    This has been the case for all 48 hour subs, regardless of SCL chosen, for the 5E.  I would guess they would say that the 5E is not essential for progression and a “bonus” node; therefore, they don’t change the reward structure.

The doubling of the CP on the other nodes is basically their way of saying they aren’t shorting your CP even on 48 hour subs.  It is also the only reward they double.  Tokens are not doubled; iso is not doubled.  Boosts are not doubled (but hardly matter).

Should they double the 5E CP?  Well, it would be very nice.  They don’t like the word “should”.

But: CP gives covers, which drives spending.  People don’t buy covers to find ways to use iso or HP (well, maybe you buy from stores with “extra” HP).  They definitely buy HP or iso to save covers.  One could argue that giving a couple more CP would be a win-win.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

But: CP gives covers, which drives spending.  People don’t buy covers to find ways to use iso or HP (well, maybe you buy from stores with “extra” HP).  They definitely buy HP or iso to save covers.  One could argue that giving a couple more CP would be a win-win.
    You lost me there.

People do buy clubs to get CP to get 5* covers.

Giving away more CP will hurt their bottom line.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    Quebbster said:
    It is.  However, node rewards have never been tied to CL before.  Only progression/placement.

The fivestar node gives different amounts of CP depending on your SCL. It's 1 CP in SCL 7, 2 in SCL 8 and 3 in SCL 9.

...So I guess this means you lose less by slumming this particular PVP compared to one with Three or four subs.

• pheregas
    Quebbster said:
    pheregas said:
    Quebbster said:

The fivestar node gives different amounts of CP depending on your SCL. It's 1 CP in SCL 7, 2 in SCL 8 and 3 in SCL 9.

...So I guess this means you lose less by slumming this particular PVP compared to one with Three or four subs.

Interesting.  Guess I never realized that before.  Can't bring myself to care too much.  Was all set to murder CL9 with my champed Thanos...  But...  My 5/0/2 BSS whispered CL8 to me from the shadows...  And I listened.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

You lost me there.

In fairness, as with all things that are common knowledge on TEH FORAMZ, 99% of the playerbase has no idea "buy clubs" even exist.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind said:
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

You lost me there.

In fairness, as with all things that are common knowledge on TEH FORAMZ, 99% of the playerbase has no idea "buy clubs" even exist.

What's a Buy Club? Is it a new game or Marvel TV? Oh wait, is this the Hellfire Club show I heard about last year?! I'm excited :D
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    What does the node not being tied to progression have to do with it being in-line with other nodes that give cp?

Thats a non-sequitir.  In a 4 day pve, we normally earn 12cp from the 5ess node in cl9;  In DPvMPQ, we earn 6.

This is not an unreasonable ask or expectation.  @Brigby can we get a ruling on this?
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I thought about this the last 48 hour sub.  Preferably it should be token,  cp,  token,  cp,  500iso, 250iso to be in line with other 48 hour nodes
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the 5E node, doubling up on token/cp just means more people will complain about the node being too hard go play after the first 2 clears. 
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I had the same thought about why during 2 day sub-events had the 4* essential nodes had two occurrences of 1CP's but the 5* essential nodes stayed the same in terms of rewards.  In all honesty, I would like to see the 5*E to have similar reward structure as the 4*E nodes.  I just don't hold onto any kind of hope with it coming to fruition from the development team.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

You lost me there.

Let’s say there are 4 48 hours a month on average, maybe 5. That’s at most 12-15CP a month at SCL9. Not even one pull.   People who join buy clubs get 140 CP for $100.  And they buy almost no matter what.  Gotta get those new 5’s champed!

For the average players, a few more CP puts more pressure on their resources.  But gives them more covers.