Deadpool VS MPQ required 5* change

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
Preview is up in game and the required 5* is not Thanos as it said the the december preview its BSS.

Why the last minute change?

I was totally pumped for thanos to be boosted

Comments

• As I spent some otherwise needed iso in thanos (to boost him to lvl 345) I am also curious/angry about that
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like the tap off will be paused a bit. LOL 
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yersterday it was stealth changes to 1* Spidey, now last  minute changes to 5* essential... I really hope some of this gets an announcement here on the forum. Was any of this mentioned on Discord, or are people on there as much in the dark as on the forum on these things, I wonder.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    As I spent some otherwise needed iso in thanos (to boost him to lvl 345) I am also curious/angry about that
    never ever spend anything in anticipation...
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Wonko33 said:
    As I spent some otherwise needed iso in thanos (to boost him to lvl 345) I am also curious/angry about that
    never ever spend anything in anticipation...
    I anticipated a huge promotion after making the biggest sale in the company. I went out and bought two new bikes for my kids.. then I found out I wasn't getting the promotion and I flipped out on my wife. She had to tell the kids we need to return the bike. My son was upset cause he still had to ride the girl bike.

My frustration led me to Bed Bath and Beyond where this guy, who looked very similar to Christopher Walken sold me a remote that could do anything I wanted. Soon enough I was speaking other languages, muting my wife complain, rewinded hot girls passing me, I even started to fast forward through life... Until my life was literally fast forwarding by.. soon enough I was fast forwarding through sickness, traffic, fights and even sex! I tried to return the remote but it was nonrefundable..

Next thing I know 10yrs pass by and I'm a fat guy. My wife is married to some smuck, speedo torpedo. My kids hate me and my dog died. In a panic I bumped my head and my life fast forwarded another 20yrs.. I'm now an old man, my son only cares about work, my daughter is a hoe and I found out my Dad passed away.. I wasn't there.. I wasn't there to say good bye.. because of this stupid remote! Now I sit in a hospital bed.. I need to tell my son that family is important.. don't let life go by playing MPQ.. 
    I really liked that movie. Good life lesson in there too as you've mentioned.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I predict that there will be a thanos themed christmas event again, and that his hfh store will be then.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    Preview is up in game and the required 5* is not Thanos as it said the the december preview its BSS.

If the concern was over tapping, it's an odd move ... unless the plan is to not have Thanos be essential until tapping is addressed ... if ever.

Off the top of my head, the only event less tap-friendly than DPvsMPQ is Simulator, which just ran.

Of course, this very unusual unannounced change could just be coincidental happenstance. ;)
    Calling it now: Thanos will be the essential fivestar in the next run of the Gauntlet, scheduled for when hell freezes over.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    evade420 said:

If the concern was over tapping, it's an odd move ... unless the plan is to not have Thanos be essential until tapping is addressed ... if ever.

Off the top of my head, the only event less tap-friendly than DPvsMPQ is Simulator, which just ran.

Of course, this very unusual unannounced change could just be coincidental happenstance. ;)
    Calling it now: Thanos will be the essential fivestar in the next run of the Gauntlet, scheduled for when hell freezes over.
    Isn't that when the Vulture Clash is scheduled?
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Quebbster said:
    Let us not speak of the "event-that-must-not-be-named."
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously, Discord is not some secret font of info not mentioned anywhere else.

It's more interactive, more realtime. That's it.

Well, sure, that's probably "true" and all, but it's more fun to imaging Discord being composed of Warlocks in long, crimson robes chanting from ancient scrolls, so I'm sticking with that as my mental image...

No offense to Brigby or any of his predecessors, but why is anyone surprised at this point that the preview thread isn't 100% reliable?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    evade420 said:

Same here. Was mentally prepping for TapOff 2017
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    Seriously, Discord is not some secret font of info not mentioned anywhere else.

It's more interactive, more realtime. That's it.

Well, sure, that's probably "true" and all, but it's more fun to imaging Discord being composed of Warlocks in long, crimson robes chanting from ancient scrolls, so I'm sticking with that as my mental image...

No offense to Brigby or any of his predecessors, but why is anyone surprised at this point that the preview thread isn't 100% reliable?
    Because it is 100% reliable, 99% of the time.

The few times it has changed are often instigated by players catching a conflict, or requesting some exception and it being granted.

A surprise change like this ... is ... unprecedented?
    And, when it's wrong, it's often wrong for obvious copy/pasta reasons.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    As an owner of a not-ready-to-champ yet 5*Thanos, putting ISO into him isn't really so bad... unless you had more pressing covers dying on the vine that could have been saved by the ISO infusion. 
  • The rockett
    evade420 said:

ME TOO!!!!!  Maybe somebody should make a guide. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:

I know I even bought tickets to watch Super TapOff 2017. It's quite the event where 10-20 players tap off until they hand is numb. So many injuries.. more than Football.

Ready.... Tap!

::Tap, tap tap, tap... x10000::
  • The rockett
    evade420 said:

I know I even bought tickets to watch Super TapOff 2017. It's quite the event where 10-20 players tap off until they hand is numb. So many injuries.. more than Football.

Ready.... Tap!

::Tap, tap tap, tap... x10000::
    Did you see who is the next boosted 5*?  DD!!!  TAPPING BACK ON!!!   Thanos DD and whoever you want to kill.   Woot woot!!!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    evade420 said:

Isn't that when the Vulture Clash is scheduled?
     Hey, he's the reward in The Hunt, so we'll get to play his Crash the next time it rolls around in, oh, nine or ten months or so.