Tweak Gambit's Power Use or AP Gain

Options
Looks like there is plenty of complaining about Gambit already for the Simulator event, but I did want to add how problematic his abilities are in PVE (and there's potential for any matchup as well). I'm seeing him generally stack up his reds so much that if you drop him first, then Cyclops can get off 2, maybe 3 of his abilities, depending on how matches add up after Gambit goes down. Same for if Rogue is around or Jean Grey: they have lots of red and purple to play with. 

If you leave him sitting there, Ragin' Cajun does 2700 x3 damage, and most boards are not set up in a way that you're going to clear most of those (and he's easily firing the power 3 times or so in a match). I'm using health packs like crazy clearing the TWO STAR NODE. 

This is in no way a balanced or well set up character, as seen. There's actually be some care taken over the past couple years to improve goon nodes so they're not gaining quite so much of the same AP (I don't think I see 3 muscles on a node anymore, for instance). Please, please get on this now, rather than later.

Comments

• Partyof5
    Partyof5 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Gambit has ruined PvP for me.  I have no champed 4*, but a few I can use with 8-12 covers.  All I see at the higher levels of PvP are gambits.  My teams get beaten in less than 10 turns by gambits teammates spamming powers every single turn.  Most of these gambits are 3* at 0/0/5.  That should tell you the character is broken. 

I'm done until this is addressed.  I can't progress in the game towards a 4* roster because of it, so I'm not going to put up with the frustration of trying anymore.