Inequality in Versus

Options
Someone faced me in the versus and took me 45 points, but to face it and recover my points the battle only offered 9 points. Tremendous inequality!

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yep, if you play right off the bat, you can climb to top six with only playing  a few seed games, then every single competitor is worth 20 points (often max 35), while you are worth 50 to your attacker.  The retaliation points depend up where your attacker is situated at the time, if they are low, so will the points you get for retaliating.

This is one of the unfortunate aspects of PVP.  What some people actually do is play the easy nodes with characters (often a 2 or three star teams, that can just barely beat the seed teams, Of course these teams are easy to beat, but then they leave them and get beaten by players with stronger teams.

Then they swoop in and take all the retaliation points (if they have a decent roster), once those players go up in rank and they go down (a lot).

But then you have to take into account that those people you retaliated against could be doing the same thing and have a series of 450 5*s.  

Your strategy for PVP depends on your exact situation at the time, so it's hard to tell exactly what might work best for you.

The whole model is weird.   The fact that it changes every season is equally frustrating.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's what the "Skip" button is for. Skipping a retaliation battle doesn't cost you ISO either.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    That's what the "Skip" button is for. Skipping a retaliation battle doesn't cost you ISO either.
    You know, I think that I noticed that the other day, but it's nice to have it confirmed.
  • MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ridiculous system
    One player faced my characters and won, getting 44 points, when I went to see how much I would win to face him, was scoring 3 points.
    That is, you lose 44 and to recover only win 3. What system is this. I give up this game, until you fix this.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You had a lot more points than the player who attacked you. It's how the system works. Use the skip button and fight against someone who gives you more points instead.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    More helpfully, perhaps:

The scoring system used in PvP is a modified Elo rating system. There's nothing to "fix", it's working precisely as an Elo relative rating system that starts at 0 with seeds has to.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    used to be we would get more retal points but people exploited the hell out of it, that's why we can't have nice things. Same reason why we get low point for defensive victories