Shield Simulator matchups

General_Tojo
General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
Hi, so I'm trying to get to 2000 but once I get to 1800 points, the teams don't change even if I click skip...is this right?

Comments

• Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    I'm having the same problem but it starts at zero. Basically every team has Gambit in it.

I think this is a bug.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    They literally don't change, as in you push the button, lose 10 iso, and the player and team is the exact same?  That would be some sort of bug. 

Or do you just mean that you keep seeing the same 5-6 teams over and over, no matter how many times you skip?  That's just how it works, unfortunately.  I don't know why, but it queues the same few teams a whole bunch, and every once in awhile (maybe 1 in 10) shows you someone else.  Maybe because they recently unshielded, or maybe the matching algorithm is programmed to give you the closest opponents to your MMR 90% of the time.
  • General_Tojo
    Yes every team has Gambit in it, but other than that the exact team stays even after I press skip. So yes, I lose 10 iso and the player and team is exactly the same. And this happens on all the nodes...

@Brigby
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Well, that's weird.  As with all things tech-related, I'd try restarting the software and see if it's still happening.  Maybe your particular device is sending something odd back to the servers that's preventing them from updating or refreshing your queue.  If that doesn't do anything, definitely worth sending in a support ticket.  I can say, at least, that this problem is not pervasive.  My trek to 2k was perfectly normal, so it's not happening to everybody.  Your account, your device, or some subset of the population linked by some common factor.  Only tech support will be able to suss that out.
  • General_Tojo
    Well I got smacked back down to 1500 so I'l look at it tomorrow hopefully :)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    For me it was when I reached 1,700. All I see even if I skip with ISO is 3* Gambit 0/0/5, The Thing, and Spider-Gwen. Impossible combination to beat for me. I gave up after many loses. Glad PVP has given me a lot of points to progress in the Season rewards, because the Shield Simulator has only made me lose points once I reached 1,700.