Fix your point display!

Options
irwando
irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
Given all the other unwanted things you've crammed in, can you please fix the point display so points earned are accurate?

47 points needed to hit 900.  51 point match won.  46 points earned.  final score 899.

Its been 5 years, you'd think the game could do basic math.

Comments

• Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    What are you talking about?  PVP?  You probably got hit 
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What are you talking about?  PVP?  You probably got hit 

That's not what he's saying. He's talking about the value of the match changing between the time you begin it and the time you win it. 

Online ticket vendors often have a locking mechanism to hold your selected tickets for you as long as you complete your purchase within the next x (often 10) minutes. That shouldn't be a feature that is unreasonable to implement. It would likely be significant overhead on the server, but it's not exactly unexplored territory, from a programming perspective. 

Eg. 
    KicksThatKick
    (52 pts - 3:00) 
    This match value is guaranteed as long as you begin your match within the next 3 minutes. (2:59, 2:58,...) 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PvP's a train wreck.  Hope it get's fixed soon.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree, but I hear the match you entered against the opponent also has been challenged by another opponent during the same time you challenged that opponent, you still following, so the amount of points may decrease because the opponent you just challenged lost some points during your battle from a match that he/she has just lost, you still following? So in conclusion the points don’t always necessarily add up properly due to many battles happening all at the same times. Get it? Trust me, I even filed a complaint for this reason a while back and got a better explanation from the devs. I just can’t explain as well as they did as you can read. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Had same problem many times and it blows. 
    But it does make sense and can also work the other way around. When you pick an easy floating target, and you wait a while shielded or takes some time to kill it, it most likely will set you back as others have taken points off your target as well...

its annoying, i know, but its fair to calculate points when the battle is over i think

i wouldnt mind retal points to be recalculated at some point instead of staying the same for hours