Stop the "chilling effect" bring back sh(rhymes with leaves)

Houdin
Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
This thread is my official protest about the current forum ban of sh(rhymes with leaves)

I will refrain from making any comparisons to this event so as to not to give grounds for anyone to feel offended by my opinion.

Yes absolutely shteev is commonly a voice of dissent to many of the posts by other users.
However, in a democracy the dissenter or "devils advocate" if you will is a necessary position to promote intelligent discussion and growth.

I'm sure a response that may be given is the fact that sometimes others may feel targeted by his comments or offended in general.

My response to that?
1. Sometimes passion may come across that way. It happens to us all.
2. If you are not willing to defend your statements in a free society and instead take offence to anyone who disagrees with you. Well perhaps than you should just not comment.
3. I was under the impression that a large part of the mods job here was to edit posts when required for remarks made in a passionate exchange that might be considered offensive. This allows the conversation to continue without stifling contrary opinions.

@brigby I'm pretty sure you just told me that negative opinions were essential to the growth of the game and it's development. Am I wrong??

Banning anyone who "rocks the boat" is ridiculous and abusive to the growth of the community.

If this is the official stance of the forums. Then perhaps we all should just start flagging anyone who's ideas are contrary to our own as inappropriate so they too can be banned.
I wonder how long it would take for everyone to be gone??

Comments

• Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Just as an aside.
    I have used no one's names here accept in reference to a comment made directly to me.

I have made no offensive comparisons. 

I have used no offensive language.

I have not in any way shape or form broken any of the official forum rules in this post.

Having said that there should be no viable reason to lock this thread or remove it in its entirety.

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    I am troubled by this.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    [MOD MIC ON] As Brigby has advised in other threads, any questions or concerns about moderation decisions should be addressed to him via PM. These discussions are not relevant to game play and thus off-topic. [//MOD MIC]
This discussion has been closed.