Marvel insider

TheZeusBear
TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
Has anyone redeemed the 8500 HP from there? If so, how long did it take for you to receive? Been a little while for me and not sure how long the usual wait is.
Also, after redeeming points for HP, do they offer any other decent MPQ deals every few months or how often? 

Comments

• General_Tojo
    General_Tojo Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I think I got it after about 2 weeks and from what I understand it's a one off deal.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    It took me almost a month to get the HP. It seems like they have a manual review. The HP is one off, last year they had an iso deal which wasn't worth it. They trade 3 star covers every once in a while, for high prices (Strange is currently available). Overall Insider is a ripoff, and they will take prizes off by the time you finally get enough points to redeem. I say don't do it anymore once you get your HP.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Everything related to marvel insider is slow. Waited months for points to arrive many times. Though never tried to claim a reward yet

Just seems to be the way they operate. Still very frustrating. 
  • TheZeusBear
    So 2 weeks-months. Ugh that's lame.

Insider is just a bonus. I do the MPQ stuff, do the Comic Con stuff that nets me like 150k. Only takes a tiny bit when available.

The 3* stuff is a huge rip off. 100k for a 3* cover.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Know any codes to share?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Has anyone redeemed the 8500 HP from there? If so, how long did it take for you to receive? Been a little while for me and not sure how long the usual wait is.
    Also, after redeeming points for HP, do they offer any other decent MPQ deals every few months or how often? 
    The team at Marvel Insider credits the HP in about 2 - 3 weeks after request is made.  If for some reason, it is taking longer, please feel free to let me know and I can investigate.  I'll just need your player name and the date your redemption request was made.  Thanks!
  • TheZeusBear
    Pongie said:
    Know any codes to share?
    LakeStone said:
    The team at Marvel Insider credits the HP in about 2 - 3 weeks after request is made.  If for some reason, it is taking longer, please feel free to let me know and I can investigate.  I'll just need your player name and the date your redemption request was made.  Thanks!
    Ahh, kk! 11/18/2017 is when I redeemed. Been two weeks and a few days. I'll definitely message you when the 3 weeks is up. Thanks! 

@Pongie
    Currently not at the moment, usually when comic-con stuff is happening they have daily codes for 500-50000k points and usually a dozen or more during the event so that's where the bulk of mine came from.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good to know. I joined up sometime in the mid-summer and am about 75% to the HP.
  • TheZeusBear
    Got my HP. Thank you very much, @LakeStone
    Helped a ton.
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I didn't know this was a thing. Signed up tonight and got up to 36k points. I'm gonna have to put in work there now. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Is this stil US only?
    (edit: I had a tinykitty in my post because I mixed the letters in "this" up)

You can sign up and earn points from outside the US, but I never redeemed a reward, so not sure if you need a US postal address for digital rewards.

I'm at 265K now so if I get those missing 35K to redeem the HP, I'll let you know.

• Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I sure wouldn't mind if there was more MPQ related offers. If you play Contest of Champions, they offer ~100k points a month for playing one of their events. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    CoC does offer a lot more, but you need to put in some effort to get those points.  Only about 10k are available from the "Easy" difficulty, which new rosters can do pretty easily.  The more difficult rosters require you to spend some time building up.  I'm at the point where I can easily do intermediate, but it's taken me about six weeks to get here.

Is it bad that I'm playing another game specifically to earn a reward for MPQ in-game currency?
  • TheZeusBear
    I've been able to redeem as a Canadian. My advice is when there is a comic Con, make sure you pay attention to insider and on Reddit for the codes. I've gotten nearly all my points for a few minutes worth of work.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    CoC does offer a lot more, but you need to put in some effort to get those points.  Only about 10k are available from the "Easy" difficulty, which new rosters can do pretty easily.  The more difficult rosters require you to spend some time building up.  I'm at the point where I can easily do intermediate, but it's taken me about six weeks to get here.

Is it bad that I'm playing another game specifically to earn a reward for MPQ in-game currency?
    No, that's not bad, I wanted to do the exact same thing until I found out I don't have a device that can play CoC.