Win based progression in PVP

Junhan
Junhan Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Can we have the win based progression in PVP back? I used to not play PVP until the win based progression was introduced , and i found that it was not too bad to reach 40 wins , although it will take awhile. I wasn't too happy when the progression switched back to points system. After almost a whole season , i couldn't even get a 4* from it. My roster comprises mostly of 3* champions , single cover 5*s and most 4*s >150 , my highest 2 4*s only have 8 covers. In the wins system , after about 30 wins i face mostly 4* champion teams. That is extremely difficult for me to win, but i am willing to fight them for the 4* cover at 40 wins. However , in this point based system now , after 800 points i face 4* champion teams which all only award 20 -25 points. That would mean that i have to fight about 4-5 of them to reach the 4* cover , assuming i do not lose points. But , i go into a fight, get 20 points and... what do i see when i am done? I got attacked twice and lost 40 points each , for a total of 80. My 3* roster makes it hard(or impossible ) to reach 900 points , and i don't think a 4* roster can even do it while losing points this fast. This happens every single time for the past few PVP events and it is really irritating.
Tagged:

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I have 25+ champion 4* characters but no 5-stars fully covered, or even close to. During the Wins-based season I picked up three 4* covers, which was three 4* covers more than I ever got from every other season combined. (That's not counting the SHIELD/Simulator. I have hit the 2000 point/4* cover a couple of times.)

During a regular PvP event I can hit 575 pretty easily. Once I start venturing above that, and especially once I go over 700 points, I really start getting hit. I got to 800 in the Nico event (being T25) then Shielded for the remaining 8 hours because at that point I was getting hit for every single match I won. In fact right before I Shielded I'd been hit again, I had a Red node, but the game glitched and didn't try to deduct the points from me until after I'd Shielded, so I never lost the points. If I'd tried for 900, or higher, I know I'd have spent a small fortune on HP & Shields.

I know the Wins-based system was not popular with the hardcore PvP players who have no problem spending HP on Shields and know how to work the system, use Disqus, etc.,  and can get their 1200 point, 4* covers at far less than 40 wins. The more casual players loved the Wins-based system because we could eke out a few wins here, a few wins there, and it didn't matter how often we got hit because it didn't negate our progress, so over the 3-4 days of the event we could rack up the 40 wins and get the 4-star cover.

Would it be possible to combine the two systems and have two sets of progression rewards, one wins-based, and one points-based?

Get 40 wins, you get a 4-star cover. Get 1200 points, you get a 4-star cover. Get 40 wins AND 1200 points and you get two 4-star covers. Perfect compromise. Hardcore players who can hit 1200 points could get their 4-star cover with a handful of wins and still get their placement award. Casual players could slowly eke out 40 wins and get their 4-star cover, and would be happy with whatever meager placement reward they get. While the true hardcore players could hit 1200 points, scratch out 40 wins, and get double the reward.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    JSP869 said:
    I have 25+ champion 4* characters but no 5-stars fully covered, or even close to. During the Wins-based season I picked up three 4* covers, which was three 4* covers more than I ever got from every other season combined. (That's not counting the SHIELD/Simulator. I have hit the 2000 point/4* cover a couple of times.)

During a regular PvP event I can hit 575 pretty easily. Once I start venturing above that, and especially once I go over 700 points, I really start getting hit. I got to 800 in the Nico event (being T25) then Shielded for the remaining 8 hours because at that point I was getting hit for every single match I won. In fact right before I Shielded I'd been hit again, I had a Red node, but the game glitched and didn't try to deduct the points from me until after I'd Shielded, so I never lost the points. If I'd tried for 900, or higher, I know I'd have spent a small fortune on HP & Shields.

I know the Wins-based system was not popular with the hardcore PvP players who have no problem spending HP on Shields and know how to work the system, use Disqus, etc.,  and can get their 1200 point, 4* covers at far less than 40 wins. The more casual players loved the Wins-based system because we could eke out a few wins here, a few wins there, and it didn't matter how often we got hit because it didn't negate our progress, so over the 3-4 days of the event we could rack up the 40 wins and get the 4-star cover.

Would it be possible to combine the two systems and have two sets of progression rewards, one wins-based, and one points-based?

Get 40 wins, you get a 4-star cover. Get 1200 points, you get a 4-star cover. Get 40 wins AND 1200 points and you get two 4-star covers. Perfect compromise. Hardcore players who can hit 1200 points could get their 4-star cover with a handful of wins and still get their placement award. Casual players could slowly eke out 40 wins and get their 4-star cover, and would be happy with whatever meager placement reward they get. While the true hardcore players could hit 1200 points, scratch out 40 wins, and get double the reward.
    Each and every time : don't climb in the last 8 hours with a 4* roster.
    That's when the 5* late climbers come out and eat you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.