A compromise betweeen points based PVP and wins based PVP

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
here is my idea for PVP that could work for both win based players and ppints based players.  The idea is to replace placement with total points for the event and progression as wins for the event. The problem with win based PVP was it was a grind for a lot of players and they got knocked out of getting the rewards they were getting before.  By eliminating placement rewards for individual players.

for wins based progression I would have it just like the test but 35 wins instead of 40. I still thin 40 is way to high and would prefer 30 but will compromise with 35.
for points final score over 1000 would get top 10 rewards.  Over 1200 would get top 5 rewards and 1500+ would get top placement rewards.  The dev team can place the 15 CP at the 1200 point mark so players who were getting over 1200 in an event to begin with will still he their CP.  
alliance rewards will be the only placement in PVP keeping it as is as well as keeping it for the season.

th best part of putting placement as points is you can lower the point total for CL with the reward so CL6 top score reward might be 900 points or 800 points.  Overall by allowing players to get more rewards for scoring higher will also encourage each player to play st their highest CL so 5* players will not drop down to low CL to get the placement rewards.

it might never happen but would be a good solution to PVP

Comments

• Toughwolf13
    Toughwolf13 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yep, would be nice to see something like that, a lot fairer.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The wins system for progression rewards is obviously the most sensible way to schedule those rewards. The question of "how many" wins and what rewards go there is open for discussion, but I haven't yet heard a convincing argument for points-based progression.

However, "total points" placement removes most of the competitive elements of PvP, and I'm not sure I see why you think it should go away. Win-based progression is great for non-hyper-competitive players, but the competitive players need to have a bracket that caters to them as well, IMO.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jwallyr said:
    The wins system for progression rewards is obviously the most sensible way to schedule those rewards. The question of "how many" wins and what rewards go there is open for discussion, but I haven't yet heard a convincing argument for points-based progression.

However, "total points" placement removes most of the competitive elements of PvP, and I'm not sure I see why you think it should go away. Win-based progression is great for non-hyper-competitive players, but the competitive players need to have a bracket that caters to them as well, IMO.
    This is why in my suggestion I say alliance rewards are placement and even season rewards can stay placement. Every event does not need player placement.