More 4* PVP please!

Jarvind
Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
I just thought it was worth noting that I have been immensely enjoying the 4* PVP events lately - Ghost Rider, Vulture, Medusa, Gamora - as it it so very much more enjoyable when I don't feel like I'm dragging a lump of dead weight along with the two characters doing all the work.

I felt this way before, but it's even more pronounced at the 5* level. There are occasional exceptions; max champed Cage actually did around 20k with his yellow which is nothing to sneeze at. But usually they just sit on the sidelines while the big kids get their hands dirty. By contrast, in the last few events it actually feels like a complete team.

Here's hoping this is a sign of things to come? Am I being too optimistic?

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Yes, you’re being too optimistic.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe you might be being too optimistic also. But I can't help jumping on that train!!! I'm loving the 4* Versus events also, for the reasons you mentioned. Please keep them coming!!!!!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll add my voice to say thanks for these ones, and I'd love to see more. How about 3 per season, alongside updating 4* champ awards with 5* covers?
    It has freshened this season up nicely for me.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Or how about at SCL 7-9 it's always the 4* the placement was for in the previous event?

Too hard to code? Then at SCL 7-9 we get to choose the 4* variant when possible. Heck maybe once 10 rolls out you can choose the 5*.

I definitely am enjoying the 4* PvPs. Seems to be more of a reward for a deep roster than "Shield training".
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes yes yes.   Need more 4* PVPs.  It would be nice to have at least half of the season as 4* events. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,796 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two minds tbh. I recently moved to 5* and haven't used anything else since, kind of feels like I no longer care who is boosted or about new 4* because I don't use them. So going to 4* pvp at least means I see them again.

But there's lots of 3* I really like so I'd like to see the boost increased on those to keep them relevant.

Either way I'd rather they went fully to 4* than half and half, at least that way you can cut the 266 3* loose when you recycle instead of waiting for the dupe to get to 266.

How long before we get a boosted 5* on rotation in the weekly boost list? (as well as or rather than the new 5*). It seems we are working towards that and that will change the game up a fair bit too.

Rather than go half measure I'd rather CL 8 and up is 4* and 7 down is 3* but that won't happen sadly.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    What if they ran 3*/4* PVP side-by-side, and selecting one locked you out of the other? So you might have, say, Doctor Strange 3* PVP, and Agent Coulson 4* PVP, and those are the two characters featured in progression rewards (so you can get a Strange and a Coulson cover for the same progression score regardless of which event you pick). Same would go for placement rewards, you get t5 and get both 3*s and 4*s, those covers are the characters available in the next pair of PVP events.

It would let players pick between them based on whatever criteria fits their wants and needs. So you can move up whenever you want, and you'll never lose the option to play the 3* version as your roster advances. Might need extra consideration for releases (maybe there's only one PVP for releases? I can't imagine the devs want to release a new 3* or 4* and have people playing the other PVP instead of trying out the new character). And they'd probably keep the current format for Anniversary or the off season when they do themed events instead of character-based events.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    What if they ran 3*/4* PVP side-by-side, and selecting one locked you out of the other? So you might have, say, Doctor Strange 3* PVP, and Agent Coulson 4* PVP, and those are the two characters featured in progression rewards (so you can get a Strange and a Coulson cover for the same progression score regardless of which event you pick). Same would go for placement rewards, you get t5 and get both 3*s and 4*s, those covers are the characters available in the next pair of PVP events.

It would let players pick between them based on whatever criteria fits their wants and needs. So you can move up whenever you want, and you'll never lose the option to play the 3* version as your roster advances. Might need extra consideration for releases (maybe there's only one PVP for releases? I can't imagine the devs want to release a new 3* or 4* and have people playing the other PVP instead of trying out the new character). And they'd probably keep the current format for Anniversary or the off season when they do themed events instead of character-based events.
    We've been suggesting that for two years.

Devs don't like giving players choices.
    See also: Points based PVP vs wins based PVP.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I’d like to see events where you could use either a 3* or 4*, rather than separate events.  I believe there was a Deadpool event like that.  They could make it so the 4* you get from that 3’s champ rewards could also be used.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Yes such a nice change,  I am so bored of 3 star pvp , and all the other reasons . It's ridiculous at the 5* level to be bringing a 3* character in a match with you.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    I’d like to see events where you could use either a 3* or 4*, rather than separate events.  I believe there was a Deadpool event like that.  They could make it so the 4* you get from that 3’s champ rewards could also be used.
    They actuall did this with Wolverine where you could use 2* wolves, patch, or Xforce and depending on which slot you queued someone would depend on which hero cover you would use.  I think going with just a 4* event is a easier option.  With as many players already in the 4* tier and higher it will make PVP more enjoyable.  Allowing players to choose 3* vs 4* would be more work.

i say keep sprinkling in 4* PVP with 3* PVP
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t think you’re being too optimistic. I suspect they will keep announcing a few more 4* > 5* rewards and put their 4* PvP back in the rotation. They’ll focus on 4*s that have events from releases first while they make new ones for the older ones that never had a 4* PvP. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well we did just get an updated battle UI, the ability to turn off animations, so the next big request is 4* PvP. It looks like they're testing the waters this season. After these player requests are fulfilled, they'll release 6* characters
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    JHawkInc said:

We've been suggesting that for two years.

Devs don't like giving players choices.
    See also: Points based PVP vs wins based PVP.
    Counterpoint, the upcoming animations change and vaulting. First has been requested just as long, second was an anti-choice change, and then undone, leaving bonus heroes in place, which IMPROVED player choice, if anything.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    For characters who have dupes can't it be the 3* for the lower clearance levels and the 4* for the 6 and up or something?